120GB HDD not recognized by my xbox 360

Transferred  my data from my 60g hard drive to my new 120g hard drive had a quick game of dead island saved my progress and turned off the console.I turned on the console and found no profile,no saved games,no downloads and to top it all off I have just paid for 12 months xbox live.I have checked the memory  on the xbox and it says the is nothing found.I've called microsoft which was pointless as all the woman on the phone could tell me was to switch off my xbox, disconect my hard drive replace it after 30 seconds and turn it back on.This did nothing as I expected.Her next solotion was to try and sell me a new hard drive or new xbox slim,I don't wan't either of these as I have worked hard for 3 years on my gamerscore  and paid for loads and loads for addons and downloads and told her this on the phone.All this wonam could sugesst was buying a new hard drive(like I'm going to go and pay another £89 pound NOT!)

Anyone any help to get all my stuff back please.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="BIGFRO8"]All this wonam could sugesst was buying a new hard drive(like I'm going to go and pay another £89 pound NOT!)[/quote]If it's a new 120GB HDD, return it to the retailer you bought it from as defective and get your money back or exchange it for another drive.[quote]Anyone any help to get all my stuff back please.[/quote]It's gone. Your gamerscore isn't affected and all your DLC is still available for download, but your save game files are gone if you Moved them from the 60GB to the 120GB.

Next time, don't Move data from one drive to another. Cancel the transfer dialogs and manually Copy what you want from System Settings, Memory.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.