120G HDD was fine, now won't recognize

I upgraded to a 120G HDD, and when I initially tested it on my Xbox, everything seemed fine.  When I attempted the xfer from my old 60 to the 120, the disc didn't work.  Now, when I plug the 120G into my xbox, it no longer shows up in my storage area.  I've tried unplugging all cords and rebooting to see if it would recognize, but it didn't work.  My 60G still works fine.  If I attach the xfer cable and plug into the USB slot in the back of the console, my Xbox shows that there is a device available to be formatted. 

Is there any way to make the 120 work?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

The disc of the transfer kit isn't needed any longer as the transfer software is built into the 360's dashboard. Forgive the question but are you sure that the cable you were using is a genuine Microsoft one?

-

From what you've posted it sounds as if your 120gb hard drive has been reformatted as a USB drive, which is why it'll work when connected to the cable. Sorry to say but if it has been reformatted as a USB device then there is no way to return it to a normal 360 hard drive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, the cable is a MS cable.  

Where is the software on the dashboard?  

I didn't tell it to format the drive, though.  I'm pretty sure you have to accept something for that to happen, right?

Sorry this didn't help.

On the dashboard you go to System Settings, Storage, highlight the device you want to transfer from and press Y.

-

You'll then see the option to Transfer Content.

-

If the cable is genuine then I'd recommend calling support and letting them know what happened, they may be able to get you a replacement drive support.xbox.com/call-us.

Sorry this didn't help.