1080 psi PS4.X1?

So I was reading that the PS4 has a 1080 psi allowing for greater graphics during game play. I was wondering if this is something the X1 will be doing or if this is just another way the X1 dropped the ball for gamers and is more of a media center??

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Probably not.

The PS4 is 50% quicker than the xbox one according to developers. This may be why many of the xbox one games are in lower resolution or lower or less stable frame rates.

I think its unfair to say its because the xbox one is a media centre, as camera, web browser, voice commands, music, movies and apps like BBC iPlayer etc are all on the PS4. In fact, voice commands work without buying the camera.

And the end of the day, buy the one whose game line up, current but also future, most excites you. Worse resolution, frame rates and jaggies shouldn't concern you as much as the games. So for that reason, don't rule out the Wii U either.

[quote user="Lloydy 25"]

The PS4 is 50% quicker than the xbox one according to developers. This may be why many of the xbox one games are in lower resolution or lower or less stable frame rates.

I think its unfair to say its because the xbox one is a media centre, as camera, web browser, voice commands, music, movies and apps like BBC iPlayer etc are all on the PS4. In fact, voice commands work without buying the camera.

And the end of the day, buy the one whose game line up, current but also future, most excites you. Worse resolution, frame rates and jaggies shouldn't concern you as much as the games. So for that reason, don't rule out the Wii U either.

[/quote]

Before both systems got released the thought was that the PS4 was (at least on paper) 50% more powerful than the Xbox One.  However developers are now saying that the true world differences aren't that much.  Its similar to the previous generation, the PS4 was theoretically more powerful, but it was a nightmare to code for, whereas the 360 was easy to code for.

-

Now the roles are reversed, the PS4 is easier to code for, and on paper more powerful. whereas the Xbox One is harder to code for, but has a lot of potential once developers get the hang of using all of the co-processors.

-

I will agree that at launch a lot of games are lower resolution on the Xbox One than the PS4, however the majority of them were rushed to meet the launch deadline (look no further than Battlefield 4 to see how rushed the developers were)  Once we get into the second wave of games, you'll see the majority of them will be pretty much the same, with only the exclusives really showing off what each system can do.  For proof of this look at Forza 5, it runs at 1080p 60fps and looks downright stunning.

Forza 4.1

That was a very creative post Lloydy, thank you.

-

Forza 5 looks incredible, and to be honest Dead Rising 3 looks amazing as well. Ryse is the best looking game at 900p! I think it's safe to say Xbox One won't have trouble, even if the upscaler is used like on most launch games.

[quote user="E5Destroyer2008"]

So I was reading that the PS4 has a 1080 psi allowing for greater graphics during game play. I was wondering if this is something the X1 will be doing or if this is just another way the X1 dropped the ball for gamers and is more of a media center??

[/quote]

I'm not entirely sure.

I'm too busy playing "Ryse" which pretty mucy knocks the socks off anything on the PS 4.

The PS 3 was technically a better machine than the XBox 360 but the 360 consistently outperformed it (Devil May Cry 4, Oblivion, Skyrim, and Bayonetta, just to name a few high profile examples).

While Microsoft have released great games Sony have only just figured out how to add a "trigger button" as an accellerator for racing games.

Don't lose heart.  You'll get to 'Giant Crabs' and 'Real Time Weapon Change' eventually.

What is 1080psi ?

"What is 1080psi ?"

Phrames per Square Inch... ;)

[quote user="vikingland1"]

What is 1080psi ?

[/quote]

Extremely over inflated tyres lol,

-

Being serious though, I was actually wondering that too.