1 Month Xbox Live Gold with new purchases of XB1?

When I brought my new Xbox 360 Slim console, it came with a

"Here's 1 month of Xbox Live Gold on Us" a leaflet which had a code.

Will new Xbox One consoles both pre-order/day one, and standard editions, come with this complimentary voucher?

I don't have to worry about Gold with my account, but it's a good idea, since an Xbox One console will set many people back a bit.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The 1 month free on 360 was for new accounts up to (I think) 3 accounts. So if you use your existing account no more than likely not, although if you start a new one probably so (at least a trial of XBL Gold, dunno on length).

Xbox One comes with a 14 day trial

[quote user="tohellNbak"]

and I think the trials are for new accounts... not current ones... so you would need to make a new Gamertag

[/quote]you can use a trial code on an existing account, you may just have to wait until you become a silver again before you use it.

and I think the trials are for new accounts... not current ones... so you would need to make a new Gamertag

I think you get a 14 day trial. Whether that can be applied to existing accounts or only for new accounts I don't know.

http://au.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Price_and_Bundles

I read a while ago day one preorders in europe got 3 months xbox live, but I think I must have misread that.

My son just got a replacement 360 and got a month free via a code. So maybe it will be a code for the 14 days in the One but time will tell.

Only 14 days? Halo 4 I think came with a leaflet with 14 days trial Gold. It's a better idea to include a leaflet with a Gold trial just for being a customer. Many disc games if brought new from a retailer come with a Gold trial card. They're particular good especially if your Xbox friends Gold memberships are about to run out I usually say Hey I got a free code.