1 live account on 2 xbox`s. ( both

Ok, No idea if this is in the right place but!!!! thats another story lol.

I have 2 360`s, 1 in a room upstairs and 1 now in the living room, Question is, Can i recover my own account onto the living rooms xbox and use on both consoles? ,,, IE: wife and kids are watching the TV in the living room and i want to bugger off upstairs and play my games on my live account.

Will it invalidate the account on 1 console if i recover it to my other console..  Or do i need to just do it via a memory card?

Think you get what i mean,,

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can recover your gamertag, but you won't have your game saves with you on your other Xbox. you will have to keep recovering your gamertag everytime you move bewteen Xboxes.

You can use a USB flash drive (between 1GB to 16GB) and move your gamertag onto it, along with a copy of every game saves that you may have. This way, you just carry the USB flash drive and plug it into any Xbox you want to play, plus you'll have your game saves on there.

[quote user="SONIC SCREAM 07"]

You can recover your gamertag, but you won't have your game saves with you on your other Xbox. you will have to keep recovering your gamertag everytime you move bewteen Xboxes.

You can use a USB flash drive (between 1GB to 16GB) and move your gamertag onto it, along with a copy of every game saves that you may have. This way, you just carry the USB flash drive and plug it into any Xbox you want to play, plus you'll have your game saves on there.

[/quote]

This is spot on! I use the usb stick that came with limited edition of Forza 3. It's a lot less hassle than recovering your tag every time you switch xbox.

+1

If you have 2 old shape 360s (like I have) you could also use the xbox memory unit if you have one.

Note. There is no slot for these on the new 360 "s"

Yeh dont make the mistake i did and forget about your game saves.

Just put everything you will wanna transfer on to a usb.

if you have a smaller capacity pen drive just save your profile and the save game files from the game you are currently playing.

[quote user="pezzzer"]

if you have a smaller capacity pen drive just save your profile and the save game files from the game you are currently playing.

[/quote]

You need a USB flash drive that is atleast 1GB in size (512MB is reserved for systems settings) so he'll be left with 512MB for storage.

I think it's safe to say that he will be able to store all of his game saves with that and have space left over.

I thought the recovery way would be out the question, So left with usb stick......

So i can just put my profile thingy on said stick, then put said profile thingy onto the upstairs xbox, ( buy the way they are both the new 250 gb ones) , All i`ll loose is the saves,, unless i transfer them too, yes and not leave them on the usb stick?

THats what i thought..    As long as i dont fluff my live up and get banned ..  Thats just my bloody luck ya know lol...

I need a lay down, this is to much for my old bones :)  

Thanks Lads

[quote user="JaggyTT"]

I thought the recovery way would be out the question, So left with usb stick......

So i can just put my profile thingy on said stick, then put said profile thingy onto the upstairs xbox, ( buy the way they are both the new 250 gb ones) , All i`ll loose is the saves,, unless i transfer them too, yes and not leave them on the usb stick?

THats what i thought..    As long as i dont fluff my live up and get banned ..  Thats just my bloody luck ya know lol...

I need a lay down, this is to much for my old bones :)  

Thanks Lads

[/quote]

It's pretty much all you do, but I would leave the game saves on the USB stick, as it's easier when moving between Xboxes, as you'll have the saves whenever you play.

[quote user="SONIC SCREAM 07"]

It's pretty much all you do, but I would leave the game saves on the USB stick, as it's easier when moving between Xboxes, as you'll have the saves whenever you play.

[/quote]

Got ya,, Moving saves between both consoles would save completing a few lvls on console 1 and having to start said few lvls again on console 2..

Yes. Put your profile and game saves on a USB and keep them there. Use The HDD for DLC.

Also....

Remember that all your downloads will work.....

a. offline for anyone on the console your first download to and

b. For you on any console as long as you are connected to XBL.

Therefore, remember to download on the family console first, that way everyone will have access to your DLC.