0x87DD0006

If you get this error code dont waste your time contacting microsoft "support" they cant fix the problem.

I have had my xbox one since day one and i might as well throw it in the bin. I cant sign into my account, ive spent hours on the phone to there so called support sent several emails just to here nothing back.

Xbox one what a rip off. £430 for a plastic waste of space.

Thanks for your non existent customer support microsoft i feel like a really valued customer.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1,012 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. Any error that starts off 87DDxxxx Error is typical of a network error. Since you haven't posted anything steps you have tried thus far. Here are the recommend steps from that troubleshooting page for this error:

1. Select Check network connection. This test should determine if you have a working Internet connection from your Xbox One to your network device.
  2. Try to repair any errors that appear. See the Xbox One Network Connection Error Solution to help resolve any network connection errors.
  3. If you don’t receive any network errors or can’t resolve the errors you do see, you may have other problems with your network that are causing your Xbox One to time out or fail the system update. These issues can include the following:
    • Wireless interference
    • High packet loss
    • Latency.
  4. If any of these issues are causing a problem, try a wired connection.
  5. Select Start update again.
  6. If you see the same error message, power cycle your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for 5 seconds. After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord for 30 seconds.
  7. Plug the console back in and turn it on using the Xbox button. Power cycling will reset the network card and clear the cache.
  8. Select Start update again.
  9. If you’re still unable to download the system update through your connection to Xbox Live, you can try using the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool in a final attempt to resolve the issue.
  10. If any of the following apply, you may need a repair:
    • You can’t correct your network connection.
    • You can’t try a wired connection.
    • You continue to see the There was a problem with the update screen while attempting the update with a wired connection and after power cycling the console.
    • You can’t complete the installation of the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.
  11. To submit a repair, visit the Xbox Online Service Center

Let us know if this resolves your problem or if you receive additional error messages along the way.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

OP, I'm getting the same error only mine is when I try to view my subscriptions. It's nothing to do with your internet connection. I find it quite lame that instead of just saying 'We don't know' Support resorts to posting useless troubleshooting guides that could potential do more harm than good.

Sorry this didn't help.

Nine Eight Nine,

If that comment was directed at me, you would see that the hyperlink is from the official Microsoft Support page for this error code. As a fellow Ambassador you should know that I am not official support and merely trying to help a fellow gamer out by providing suggestions based on the scenario described. If Microsoft Support felt that their troubleshooting guide would do more harm than good they would not post it on a support page. If you are experiencing an issue yourself I would suggest creating a separate thread detailing your issue, what error codes you are receiving, and what troubleshooting steps you have taken to try and resolve your issue so that the community and/or official support can attempt to assist you. However, rather than continue a discussion about a topic irrelevant to the original post, let us try and continue assisting the user at hand. Thank you,

Sorry this didn't help.

I feel I must apologise for my above post I'd had a really rough day and got home only to be messed around by support for 4 hours, and although that post wasn't directed fully at you I can see why you thought it might have been, for that, again I'm sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well just an update. microsoft have finally fixed the issue with my console / Account.

They had to alter some code on my account and all is finally well.

Thanks for trying elf.

Sorry this didn't help.

my xbox one is displaying error code with Sign in: 0x87dd0006

I checked my net and fixed any issues with that and it still wont log me in

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried signing in and I had the same problem as the other people suggested, i rebooted, tested connection, etc. i could not sign in appearently as the system suggests.

Sorry this didn't help.

Any time you have a login issue it is also a good idea to first check for outages on the Microsoft side at http://xbox.com/status.  As of today 07/02/14 there is currently an outage of the Xbox Live Core Services which is preventing Live account logins.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the link, was about to put in a ticket. Will check back later.

Sorry this didn't help.

same here cant sign in and everything says its connected.....this better not take as long as it took to get my power brick back (4 months)  

Sorry this didn't help.