0x80820002 - Advance Exchange - Beyond A Joke Now

Hi guys. I purchased an Xbox One on the 31st May 2014.

I have had an Xbox 360 for a few years now and I really wanted an Xbox One. So as you can imagine after setting it up and buying Watchdogs (New) and Titanfall (used) I was excited to play it. However, I got the error code: 0x80820002

I have tried 'Power cycling it', 'resetting it', 'unplugging it', 'deleting bluray preference', 'ticking 24hz box'.. basically everything.

After a very long phone call with Xbox Support UK they agreed to send me a Xbox One via the Advance Exchange Programme. I thought, great! (Apart from the £400+ hold on my card) - I was guaranteed a working console.

So I got the console today and was excited to play. However guess what... the same error code 0x80820002 popped up. I even tried working DVD's and I get the error code.

The original console was manufactured in September 2013. The new one was manufactured in June 2014. The disc hardware failures are still occurring. This is beyond a joke. The replacement is meant to be 'certified working'. Who certifies the consoles?

How can two consoles have hardware failures? On top of that the support staff on the phone are really not helpful. They cannot even offer me a free downloadable game to keep me entertained. I have not been able to play any game on the consoles due to the disc error!

What can I do guys? I really want to play my Xbox, I am an Xbox fan. But all this waiting and lack of support is making me think I should return the Xbox and buy a PS4. Any help?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 32 Applies to:
Answer

//Problem solved. Please delete this thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.