03-80-00 code

i just hooked up my old org. xbox360(first release model)

took the new update(s).

JUST about every title i put in will not play at ALL.

Madden06 works just great?????

burnout:revenge doesn't(i know it's up for shutdown,not the point here)

battlefield3 will not read.

battlefield:BC2 will not read

and instead of me going on and on about what won't work let us getting into the why(s)??????

That is my question

WHY doesn't the xbox read my discs(that work on other systems(both an org. xbox360  release(year2) and the slim model)?????

BUT only ONE title from 2006 reads/plays just fine, none of my other titles work; this is a jasper board xbox and never had issues with it until i packed it up just over a year ago.

IF this is due to XBL console update then i should not have to pay for it to be repaired at all..(Being it is no fault of mine,but the fact is being caused by an update=Microsoft XBL broke my system and/or made it unworkable)

Once again i'll repeat that it will only read MADDEN:06 and no other titles; being it reads a game it's not a disc drive issue.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Hello CAMEL! First of all, I can assure you that there is no intent to do away with older consoles - our updates have been certified for all consoles, from the very first Xbox 360 off the line to the latest Star Wars console. Unfortunately it sounds like in this case that your console will be in need of a repair to resolve an issue with disc read errors. I can certainly understand your frustration with this! You can set up a repair via our online service center, here: myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx . Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As onyx said, follow the instructions listed here: support.microsoft.com/.../2571959 and if that dosen't work, talk to an offical Xbox Support Agent.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK,this is how i fixed my issue with this:

as it turned out,all the issue was dirt build up inside the tray along the rim.

which caused the eye not to pick up on the fact a disc was put in..

unknown to me the ol' lady let the grand kids to play on the system(5 and 7 yrs. old)i did pay any mind to how dirty disc tray was.

The fix= 6-10(depends on how much build up is is along the rim of tray) q-tips and a bottle of cd/dvd cleaner(that's what i used) spray q-tips(not the tray)and begin cleaning the whole tray.

Now after that if your xbox still won't read disc(at your own risk,but then if it isn't working you got nothing to lose)use a optical eye disc cleaner(MADE FOR GAME SYSTEMS)others will scratch the eye,causing more damage thus making you to send your xbox in for repairs(getting a new drive installed)

SORRY people for making this out to be XBL fault; hangs head in shame for not checking everything out first and just accussing(spelling)on a update.

IF neither one of these options fix the unreadable disc issue(this also includes other fixes that are in this post by others); YOUR OPTICAL EYE IS SHOT.

THANKX to all of you's that posted on this topic,

THANK YOU, Miss Portia for all your help; as it stands now my issue has been resolved,my org.(white)xbox is back up and running,you may do as you please with this topic.

user error,once i was told about the grand-kids playing on this system,it was the first thing i looked at( just found out last night) takes about 1 hr. to clean it all up.

Sorry this didn't help.

Try the steps listed at the link

support.microsoft.com/.../2571959

Sorry this didn't help.

no

didn't resolve it,after going thru some research bottom line is the dvd drive will need to be replaced(I'm just lost as to why (NOW)two titles will work; madden:06 and viking.(if no disc would read i would understand it to be wear and tear(10-15hrs a day does overwork a system,but then all my titles are installed to HDD(so that should have cut that down)

IF this wasn't a jasper motherboard i wouldn't even care.. yes, it is an old system the only issue i ever had with it was the optical eye went out once before about 6 months after i got it,was repaired and worked great,once i picked up the slim i let my oldest son use it, was only on live for alittle bit(BUT wasn't online or played at all since around late sept 2011,the new format update wasn't out or installed)

BUT let me say sorry for being an tool on this issue; alittle out of line(maybe)thinking XBL would put out an update with the intent to do away with older(white)consoles(still a maybe)

Sorry this didn't help.

sad part on this is i should have checked the tray issue before getting bent out of shape.

Nothing feels better then make yourself look at an (you know).LOL

Sorry this didn't help.

PLEASE to those that are upset about this issue,KEEP THE LANG. CLEAN THIS TIME...Breaking TOU/COC in the forums isn't helping to resolve the issue,it's just causing the topic to be ignored.

Guess i wasn't clear enough..

every possible SO-CALLED fixes people are suggesting have been done so many times i forgot how many.

this system wirked just fine before i took the console update(new firmware);

the system WILL read ONE disc MADDEN:06

it WILL NOT read newer titles(all play fine not only on slim model but also on a 2006 model(offline for 2006;no update installed, system was never plugged into the internet),strictly an XBL update issue that needs to be address,even on my slim model alot of my arcade titles i bought along time ago come up as trails(AT FIRST)

EX:CATAN=when i load title and go to rank match(or options) it states i need to buy title before showing as a bought title, this started right after the format update.

even some disc titles state i need to buy an online pass and have to reload title for it to take.

things that i have done:

EVERYTHING remove HDD; clear cashe even deleting and re-downloading doesn't change what's going on.

Even took HDD and hooked it up to another org. xbox360(bought at sametime as the one NOT working right)

that console worked (without update installed)Console is not ban,either.Just to make sure of that i went into chat with support and had console ID checked against online bans,system is clean(which i already knew)

As for PAYING for my org. xbox360 to be repaired for something that IS being caused by the update, IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN..(as it is out of warrenty,being what caused the issue is an update that shouldn't matter)This what support is pushing for,at my cost(120.00 or higher; shipping not included)For an extra what 50-79 i can buy a new one,NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Fix the update thus fixing the issue. Greed has been and always will be the down fall of a company; ingoring costumers just makes it worse.

And i am starting to believe what others are saying on this issue; The update was put out for more then just one reason and one of the reasons was to kill off the older systems(org. white consoles from release date up to 2008 models(that i have been able to find out,if there is later date models,PLEASE post date of your console that this glitch has claimed and killed system...

PLEASE; do not; think i'm not thankful for the help.

If the system would not read ANY disc i wouldn't even have posted this.(would have just went with system is shot dvd drive/ optical eye went,BUT it reads at least one disc title(very old title,but it plays)

so the dvd drive does work.

yes, i have the new slim250GB,this was my back up incase the slim went and i had to send it in for repairs (i figured at least i would still have something to use until it was returned.

IF MS XBL wishes to do away with older (org xbox360's) fine..BUT a company of this size making more money then they will ever in 10 life times be able to spend,should at the very least buy them back at a fair price(being the issue IS because of thier new update)  

the saddest part is the org. xbox360 system RUNS alot more quieter then my slim,it even took the update twice as fast compared to my slim.

sorry about the lenth of this.

i'm gonna try one last thing and formatt the HDD,as it is the only thing i have not tried.(doubt if it will work,can't hurt)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Camel, Silent and Onyx have given you a great link to start with. Please let us know if the solution they've provided doesn't assist you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for posting this info Camel.  It'll come in handy if I see similar problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

no problem,i should have done this to start with,it is a old system and i should have known this,being i wasn't using it never thought about it.(of course candy coated hands didn't help much either)

i mean i do this at least once a week on my slim(but that one you can really see the build up,yeah i have a bad habit when i switch to an arcade title i remove disc put it in case,and leave the tray open(plus me being a smoker DOES NOT help at all)BUT yeah i could not believe how much got built up just not on the tray but inside the drive(what i could reach with Q-tip,pulled a nice hunk of junk out of the drive).

I would say (for systems in a smoking household)this causes alot of peoples issues.

Sorry this didn't help.