Xbox One Servers in Asia

Hi,

is it completely useless to have an Xbox One in Asia if you like to play online?

I can't find any servers on 90% of my games. When I finally find a server, it's basically impossible to play because of the lags.... 

Is there a project for Cross Play with PS4 and/or PC??? This sounds like the best way to propose a real gaming experience for your customers here in Asia. 

Anyway, cheers mates.

FT

Hello Monk,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. Unfortunately, Xbox servers are not responsible for the connection to game servers. Once you launch the game you are connecting directly to the game server. Try refreshing your network. What is your NAT type on your console? Try this troubleshooting for slow performance.

Thanks,

Brad

Stay safe have fun. GAME HARD just not too hard :) ಠ益ಠ

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Brad,

thanks for your answer. I'm not an expert but the problem here seems quite easy to reveal.... There are very few people playing Xbox in Asia (they don't know what they're missing) and game servers are empty :(

That's why I was asking before, are there any projects for some cross play with PS4? This would completely solve the emptiness of the game servers....

Cheers

Francois

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there Monk,

Thanks for the reply! Insofar as game for cross platform or cross-network play, there are already some multiplayer games out there that allow it. One of those games is Fortnite and, I believe, another is Minecraft. Essentially, there are just a few titles that allow cross-platform capability at this time, but hopefully more will be had in the future!

For a little more info regarding how to play across networks, I recommend having a look at the following support article for specifics regarding the necessary settings to do just that: How do multiplayer and communication work for cross-network play?

I hope that this helps out!

Best of luck!

Regards,
XBF Amber M
Microsoft Agent | Moderator
(๑•ᴗ•๑)♡
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again Brad,

thanks for the update. I really hope all games will soon be cross-network. Is really too bad not to have the possibility to play online here in Asia with Xbox One.... Hopefully, as you said, this will change!

I will try everything you said to better my gaming experience. 

Cheers from Thailand ;)

F

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear about your connection problems. :( I experienced similar issues, when playing the Hong Kong version of Neverwinter - barely anyone online, and on several days, I was the ONLY one playing! xD Strange feeling..!

It would be down to the respective companies to enable cross play, we can't speak for them when it comes to territories across the world, but steps are being made in the right direction at least. I'd keep an eye on social media for updates, and possibly more towards E3 time.

In the meantime, PC gaming might prove more fruitful, if you have the means. :)

Best,

L

Xbox Ambassador since 2011. Always happy to help. :)

Problems with Xbox Services? Check here:
https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there pawncrackers,

thanks for joigning :). It would be in the interest of everyone to aloud cross-network (except maybe for Sony in Asia?)....

Fingers crossed!

I found many places to play on PC, this platform is very popular in Thailand. I might take it to the next level and make myself a little "office" at home ;).

Greetings for Chiang Mai

F

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there Currupt,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with availability in the Asia servers. Thanks for letting us know about the issue. We'll be closing this thread. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.

Thanks for being a part of the Xbox Family.
Happy Gaming! ಠ‿ಠ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 22, 2023 Views 1,607 Applies to: