My account thinks im a child

Hi

I literally just want to do simple things like change my profile picture to a custom one but whenevr i try it says that i need to be older to do this. This isnt the first problem ive had with age restrictions on the xbox one. My account is clearly over 18, I have changed all settings to where i shouldnt be affected by this and yet still the problem persists. I have spent countless hours adjusting my settings of both my xbox account and my microsoft account to no avail. At this point it is just frustrating and I have given up. 

If anyone can help that'd be great

Thanks

Once you register an account under 18+ of age it will be considered as a child account from the system (and you can't change that by changing the date of birth in your profile). Only when the servers register that the account is available for upgrade that can be performed by the parental account associated with the child account. 
Game ON!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Xbox account age can not be changed as it is permanently connected to the first date of birth entered when creating your Microsoft account. This can't be changed even by Xbox support. Your account will be promoted to an adult account when that original birth date reaches 18 (20 in Korea and Japan). You can change your Microsoft account age but that doesn't change your xbox account age. If your Microsoft account is an adult account you may be able to access the page to change privacy settings but any changes will not take effect for real if your xbox account is a child account.

You will need an adult to create an account, invite you to a family group and change some privacy settings for you.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12417/microsoft-account-add-members-to-family

Have the adult on their adult account go here https://account.xbox.com/Settings and click on the child's account and allow the option on the first page called "Share stuff people make (Xbox 360: Member Content)" to everyone (must be everyone). Also, on the first page, "Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites" to Friends or Everybody. And on the xbox one/windows 10 tab the second option down, "Join multiplayer games", enable that. And then log out and in on the account in question on the console/device and that account can play online and have that problem solved.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

To add to what the others have said the one thing that you will not be able to do until your DOB when the account was originally setup reaches its 18th birthday is set a custom profile picture.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes keep in mind that while the system lets you change your age anytime to whatever you want. It's not recognized as a new date of birth. This is to prevent kids from changing there ages just to bypass things 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

I literally just want to [...]change my profile picture to a custom one but [...] it says that i need to be older to do this. [...]My account is clearly over 18, I have changed all settings to where i shouldnt be affected by this 

The "adultness" of an account isn't determined by the settings you change. 

During the creation of your account you are asked to provide a birthdate. That birthdate determines the age of the account, and only if according to that birthdate your account turns 18 (or 20 in Japan), your account truly is an adult account. 

Until then your account is a limited Child account, even though your parents might set your account to allow certain "adult" features like talking to strangers or buying stuff. 

Changing your Profile picture is unfortunately a thing, only "real" adult accounts can do, and there is no setting to circumvent that. 

Did my post help you? Please click on "Yes" below or choose it as the answer to your problem. Thanks! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 1,562 Applies to: