Cannot sign into xbox live

I have been trying for the past hour to sort this to no avail, Microsoft are a literal joke, all I wanted to do is switch from my secondary Microsoft account to my main Microsoft account to use for xbox live as it decided to automatically sign in to the secondary account for me, I go to the Xbox companion app only to be able to sign out but with still no option to sign into another Microsoft account (only coming up with the option to sign back in again with nothing else to click on), what's the point in having the option to sign out of your account when the only thing you can do is click sign in, I have done all the fixes in the threads restarting my PC 4 or 5 times and nothing works, so DO NOT ask me to restart my PC again.

I tried signing in via windows store to my main account and it asks me to sign in to Xbox live, to which I get told "the background task activation is spurious" I have all the right passwords and the account 100% exists as it goes by the username Blackiecrew.

When searching through the forums nothing comes up about this problem apart from a bug on Microsoft office which is completely unrelated.

Why is the process to switch around Xbox live accounts so impossible, what was going through the mind if the person that designed this system, it is completely ridiculous and I would like a fix for this problem.

Hi,

have you installed the xbox identity provider as this is necesarry to login on the xbox apps

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 21, 2023 Views 369 Applies to: