Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. Please complete this transaction from your Xbox.

Hey there,
I am unable to claim any 360 titles or avatar items and this problem is not just temporary. When I try to make a purchase (even a free one) the error message "Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. Please complete this transaction from your Xbox." appears. I have been in contact with Twitter support, chat support, phone support and MajorNelson. The support doesn't know what to do and we didn't find any solution after investing many many hours. MajorNelson just ignored me once he noticed that I am not having the usual "I don't know where the power button is!?" problem. Please note the following:

1. This error message usually appeared on Xbox.com, however since the Store app and the Avatar app only load the website when a purchase is about to be made, the problem also transfers to the console.
  2. I don't have an Xbox 360 console and don't know anyone who does. There is no way I could use its interface to bypass the error.
  3. I am using a child account with all restrictions disabled. And I mean all. Both on Xbox One and Xbox 360. This has been checked many times and doesn't affect the website's behavior.
  4. My region is set to "Germany" on my console and inside of my Microsoft account. I am using a valid German PayPal account which does work (I am able to buy Xbox One games using the Xbox One's Store interface).
  5. Cancelling my Gold subscription and then applying a new one doesn't help.
  6. I can't claim the Gold titles with the parent account since it doesn't have a valid Gold subscription and I am not willing to pay twice.

I am really starting to doubt my purchase of an Xbox One. Microsoft's way of handling serious problems seems to be... not flawless. I have been dealing with this bug for half a year now and I can tell you I am finally starting to get angry. I am paying the yearly fee and still don't receive what has been promised to me. Support's solutions were sometimes... questionable because they told me to get an Xbox 360 or vote on xbox.uservoice.com and wait for features to be implemented. For a paid service this handling was rather surprising for me in a very negative way.
According to some research I did on this topic this problem seems to exist for several years now. How is this even possible?
I am not at all confident but please if someone could help out I would be very grateful.

This is how the error message looks like on Xbox One: http://imgur.com/8P7nKVW - There is no error code whatsoever neither on Xbox One nor on Xbox.com.

Question Info

Last updated February 26, 2020 Views 30,288 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I am in a very similar position. I want my daughter to be able to buy simple things like avatar pets but we just run into this message, regardless of any disabling of restrictions or any of the other possible fixes that you outline in your post.

"Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. Please complete this transaction from your Xbox."

Obviously, I can't buy them from the parent account because they are account specific. We're both getting very frustrated.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@leno that isn't a bug it's ones of the requirements of xbox 360

It doesn't matter if you set your xbox one settings to unrestricted it only applies to xbox one not xbox 360

Your only option is to rent or borrow a 360 or have your parents buy the content on their account for you 

It is one of the requirements of xbox 360 live not a bug

For child accounts they cannot download m rated content without parental permissions and xbox one doesn't count

Only by making the purchase o. A xbox 360 console

And of you are trying to get deadspace that's not the title for Germany as it is a legally banned game there 

24 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

@mini have you tried using the avatar marketplace on the one not the 369 markrtpkace?

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="ngocphi"]

@leno that isn't a bug it's ones of the requirements of xbox 360

It doesn't matter if you set your xbox one settings to unrestricted it only applies to xbox one not xbox 360

Your only option is to rent or borrow a 360 or have your parents buy the content on their account for you 

It is one of the requirements of xbox 360 live not a bug

For child accounts they cannot download m rated content without parental permissions and xbox one doesn't count

Only by making the purchase o. A xbox 360 console

And of you are trying to get deadspace that's not the title for Germany as it is a legally banned game there 

[/quote]

1. As I mentioned my Xbox 360 settings are set to unrestricted as well.
  2. I wasn't able to claim any 360 titles yet. No matter whether these were approved for children or not the error message always appears. E.g. last month's strategy game definitely should have been available for me but wasn't.
  3. Dead Space is not legally banned in Germany and can normally be claimed. Gears of War was the most recent GWG that had been banned so we received Banjo Kazooie instead. Of course I couldn't claim it as well.
  4. I read through the whole Xbox/Microsoft contract and it doesn't mention that I will have any restrictions as a child which can't be disabled. It also doesn't mention that I require an Xbox 360 console to claim my Games With Gold.

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm getting the message "Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. Please complete this transaction from your Xbox."

This error means that the Microsoft account that you're trying to use to make the purchase doesn't have the ability to make the purchase.

Child and teen accounts are prevented from making purchases in the Xbox 360 Marketplace. Changing your Microsoft account age or your purchase settings won't resolve this issue.

To resolve this issue, purchase or download the content on your Xbox 360 console.

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-xbox%20360-marketplace-purchasing

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Again xbox one parental settings don't apply to 360 marketplace as they aren't the same

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="ngocphi"]

I'm getting the message "Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. Please complete this transaction from your Xbox."

This error means that the Microsoft account that you're trying to use to make the purchase doesn't have the ability to make the purchase.

Child and teen accounts are prevented from making purchases in the Xbox 360 Marketplace. Changing your Microsoft account age or your purchase settings won't resolve this issue.

To resolve this issue, purchase or download the content on your Xbox 360 console.

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-xbox%20360-marketplace-purchasing

[/quote]

Interesting. I am still not receiving what I paid for. The Microsoft services agreement states that:

• 6. Service Availability.

• a. The Services, Third-Party Apps and Services, or material or products offered through the Services may be unavailable from time to time, may be offered on a limited basis, or may vary depending on your region or device.

The term "Time to time" describes a point or period in time happening occasionally not a lasting and permanent period.

The services agreement furthermore states:

• a. Xbox Live and Microsoft Studios Games and Applications.
    • v. Kids on Xbox. If you are a minor using Xbox Live, your parent or guardian may have control over many aspects of your account and may receive reports about your use of Xbox Live.

This doesn't mention any kind of general restrictions which can't be undone by a parent or guardian.

You may say that I shall wait for my account to reach the age of 18 in order to be promoted to an adult account. Unfortunately I have talked to individuals who are older than 18 and have an adult account whilst still receiving the same error message. So I am supposed to be waiting for a long period of time now again (as I did when support told me to wait for the Xbox 360 store to be implemented on Xbox One as this would fix all my problems, which it didn't) just for the great chance to be welcomed with the same error again? And then again talking to an endless number of Microsoft employees?
This problem seems to be very special as no support employee I talked to had access to any kind of documentation about this. They were just as clueless as me and told me straight away.

Just to get this clear: I don't have an Xbox 360, I don't know anyone who does, I am not going to buy an Xbox 360 and there is no way I could borrow an Xbox 360. This is no realistic approach and feels offending after all the effort I already put into resolving this issue.

I am not able to understand why there isn't a possibility to escalate my problem. I am just not used to this kind of support. In Germany usually every company (even larger ones like T-Mobile) quickly reacts to difficult concerns you have and connects you with a technician who then deals with your problems. They keep you informed and call back regularly as they troubleshoot. I'd really love to see any kind of help keeping in mind the money I am spending for this service. Instead I have been staved off, ignored and chocked off with ridiculous "solutions". And I am sorry to say this but I feel like you are in fact doing the same at the moment. Please excuse my harsh way of saying this if I am just seeing the situation faultily.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, this was as successful as all of my other attempts. Nice.

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

It would help if you read the correct sectioniii.

Kids and Accounts. By using the Services, you represent that you have either reached the age of "majority" or "legal responsibility" where you live or have valid parent or legal guardian consent to be bound by these Terms. If you do not know whether you have reached the age of majority or "legal responsibility" where you live, or do not understand this section, please ask your parent or legal guardian for help before you create a Microsoft account or Skype account. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a minor that creates a Microsoft account or Skype account, you accept these Terms on the minor’s behalf and are responsible for all use of the Microsoft account, Skype account, or Services, including purchases, whether the minor’s account is now open or created later.www.xbox.com/.../LiveTOU

That includes the marketplace restrictions and terms and conditions of the 360 marketplace

Fyi bypassing or asking for a bypass is a violation of the terms of use

There is no troubleshooting other then official methods

Rent a console or borrow one or have a parental account make rthe purchase that is your only methods

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Everyone listen up! I know the problem and it I'd because Microsoft has decided to be salty. They are limiting nearly all content purchases and downloads to Adults only. So if your account birthday is set to under 18 years of age, it is restricted. I find it to be bulls###. I used to be able to make all purchases I wanted and then they changed it and now I can't even download Minecraft add-ons!

~Hunter

23 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.