I am unable to claim any 360 titles or avatar items and this problem is not just temporary. When I try to make a purchase (even a free one) the error message "Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. Please complete this transaction from your Xbox." appears. I have been in contact with Twitter support, chat support, phone support and MajorNelson. The support doesn't know what to do and we didn't find any solution after investing many many hours. MajorNelson just ignored me once he noticed that I am not having the usual "I don't know where the power button is!?" problem. Please note the following:
- This error message usually appeared on Xbox.com, however since the Store app and the Avatar app only load the website when a purchase is about to be made, the problem also transfers to the console.
- I don't have an Xbox 360 console and don't know anyone who does. There is no way I could use its interface to bypass the error.
- I am using a child account with all restrictions disabled. And I mean all. Both on Xbox One and Xbox 360. This has been checked many times and doesn't affect the website's behavior.
- My region is set to "Germany" on my console and inside of my Microsoft account. I am using a valid German PayPal account which does work (I am able to buy Xbox One games using the Xbox One's Store interface).
- Cancelling my Gold subscription and then applying a new one doesn't help.
- I can't claim the Gold titles with the parent account since it doesn't have a valid Gold subscription and I am
not willing to pay twice.
I am really starting to doubt my purchase of an Xbox One. Microsoft's way of handling serious problems seems to be... not flawless. I have been dealing with this bug for half a year now and I can tell you I am finally starting to get angry. I am paying
the yearly fee and still don't receive what has been promised to me. Support's solutions were sometimes... questionable because they told me to get an Xbox 360 or vote on xbox.uservoice.com and wait for features to be implemented. For a paid service this handling
was rather surprising for me in a very negative way.
According to some research I did on this topic this problem seems to exist for several years now. How is this even possible?
I am not at all confident but please if someone could help out I would be very grateful.
This is how the error message looks like on Xbox One:
http://imgur.com/8P7nKVW - There is no error code whatsoever neither on Xbox One nor on Xbox.com.