Xbox x 120hz no sound.

I use 2 xbox xs, one to train my horse in black desert and the other to play games. I like to have it hooked to hdmi, so the bypass of the optical cable switches when I switch inputs, so I physically dont have to switch the optical cable. This works fine when the xboxs are in 4k mode, which would be fine minus the fact that when you remote play, or stream to a PC it caps the mbps at 12 for some reason which is no where near enough for 1080 60hz. Adding in the xbox x cant do 4k black desert very well, it is between 10 and 30 fps. Which makes 1080 60 fps much better, or 120hz not sure if the game locks the fps at 60.

So to get streaming to work where it is very high quailty and use 20 to 30 mbps so it doesnt look like absolute garbage with blurry rendering all over, you have to put the xbox in 1080 60 to 120 hz. This stops the sound from working for some odd reason, and it does it on both.

There is a workaround I found, which is go to the settings and force it to hdmi, where you can select auto, hdmi, dvi. The problem here is first this for some odd reason blocks 4k, so you cant switch back and forth. It says your TV is not able to do 4k, which is a xbox problem. It also for some other reason limits the xbox streaming again to 12 mbps and 30 fps. 

So the only way I figured out how to fix this, is physically switch the optical audio cable between the xboxes, or the sound at 1080 120 60 hz does not work, it doesn't give by pass audio.

This is probably not a problem for like 99 percent of the people, because most dont use 120hz. Which I like much better because I sit at around 8 feet from my 55 oled, and it is impossible to tell 4k from 1080. I have to move to around 3 feet to tell. My vision is 20 20 so it's just the fact that human eyes cannot see the difference between 4k and 1080 on a 55 inch screen st 8 feet.  What is easily seen at 8 feet or 20 feet is 60 vs 20 fps. Also from what I can tell it looks like at 1080 the game has a higher graphics setting, which makes the pop ins less, and higher shadows which can be seen at 8 feet. 

I hope they figure out why in 1080 120hz it stops the hdmi by pass from working, or does any one else know how to fix it?

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble with your 4K and 120 Hz losing audio is that correct? Take a look at this helpful support article: Troubleshoot sound on your Xbox One console

or also

Error when selecting the 4K UHD resolution on Xbox One X and Xbox One S

Give the steps a try and let us know with a  reply how it goes.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

I had that one thing in there about changing it to hdmi, but when I do that it wont let it go back to 4k.  That bottom link you gave me didnt work. But apparantly  it has to do with the color depth, how ever that works out Haha. I had the one xbox x at 12 bit standard, and the other at 8bit standard messing with game streaming, and when I started it up on the TV the 8bit one worked, and the 12 bit didnt. So I changed the other xbox x to 8bit and sure enough the sound works. I will try it on my xbox s see if that works on 12 bit maybe it's a x thing.

Nope same thing on the xbox s, at 12bit it shuts the sound off but at 8bit it's fine. Let me try 10bit.10 bit works to must be something about 12 bit and either xbox or my TV. My tv is a oled 55 b8.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello

Thanks for the reply. I've fixed the second link. Have you considered contacting the manufacturer of the TV/Monitor itself to see if they have any information about the compatibility of their device with other products? You can also try the Xbox One X console on a different set of equipment and see if it has any trouble just to rule out the possibility that the console may be having issues.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would of never of thought to mess around with the color depth, after changing it sound came back. Thanks for the reply, ive got a oled too, the LG, 55b8stb 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good :) enjoy
Keep Calm and Play Hard! :)
But be respectful ;)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated January 9, 2024 Views 2,355 Applies to: