Xbox Series X VR support?

I am so hyped for the series X I love the look of the console and it is sounding very promising,

I would love it if one day Xbox add VR support as the One X could surely run it do you think? if not id imagine the Series X is defiantly powerful enough for VR, 

What is everyone's thoughts on VR and xbox?

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I am so hyped for the series X I love the look of the console and it is sounding very promising,

I would love it if one day Xbox add VR support as the One X could surely run it do you think? if not id imagine the Series X is defiantly powerful enough for VR, 

What is everyone's thoughts on VR and xbox?

I don't think they see VR being worth the investment at this current point in time, but who knows what the future holds. The Series X will certainly be powerful enough to handle VR at a good standard. Maybe if VR really takes off, then we might see Xbox make some sort of deal with a headset company to provide Xbox compatibility to an existing headset. It would be a nice option to have, but VR isn't a major selling point for me at the moment.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

I myself have said this a few times, and have absolutely hoped for it to happen. Xbox has a history of almost leaving something out on every console. What I mean is, the first OG Xbox required you to buy an adapter kit to make it a DVD player, where has PlayStation did not. Xbox 360 was not a Blu-ray player in comparison to the PS3. Xbox One X does not offer VR, but PS4 does. Having said all of this, I am a die-hard Xbox fan since 2000, and have yet to even own a PlayStation.  I have often times wondered if the reason Xbox left VR capabilities out is so we will buy a Microsoft computer to push it instead. I am hoping for some entry-level type of VR with this new console.
Michael J. Gill

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah it isn't a major selling point for me either but its something I really want, I've used VR a couple times but I don't have a PC, I know Oculus have one of the headsets where you don't need a PC but I would much prefer it if it was available with the Xbox, I will still get the series X regardless of VR but for me personally it would be a major bonus

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Phill said nothing for now. It will be focused on cpu performance. But, I think that VR will come to Series X. Sooner or later.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi UnhappyDoughnut,

I would love VR but don’t have the space at present time.

What would be great would be support for units from 3rd party vendors like Oculus, Vive etc. 

VR is still a niche product but the Series X is powerful enough that views could change in the future. Don’t forget Microsoft do make Hololens which is mixed reality and at present aimed at the corporate world. 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I myself have said this a few times, and have absolutely hoped for it to happen. Xbox has a history of almost leaving something out on every console. What I mean is, the first OG Xbox required you to buy an adapter kit to make it a DVD player, where has PlayStation did not. Xbox 360 was not a Blu-ray player in comparison to the PS3. Xbox One X does not offer VR, but PS4 does. Having said all of this, I am a die-hard Xbox fan since 2000, and have yet to even own a PlayStation.  I have often times wondered if the reason Xbox left VR capabilities out is so we will buy a Microsoft computer to push it instead. I am hoping for some entry-level type of VR with this new console.

VR just doesn't seem mainstream enough tbh and also just to quote ps3 using by-ray when Xbox didn't was actually a good thing because back then Sony lost money on their ps3 that's why they accelerated their console ps4 n beating Xbox one to that generation. 

The main idea I've seen consoles are the budget way of playing quality games and keeping up with PC without the huge cost. However VR is not well enough researched to provide the best gaming experience yet. Only PC has so far managed the experience VR needs. Maybe Xcloud could bring VR to mobile gaming and lead to opening up doors for VR within the next 10 years

Zenosos
Content Creator
They/Them/Theirs/Zen
Xbox Ambassador Community Champion

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Would love it but like everyone says it not mainstream yet on consoles. Hopefully in the near future. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

VR support would be great for consoles slightly affordable vr support is needed. 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

im not sure what VR is ready now, it's not that experience what we wait. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That would be great if xbox allowed vr
UG1ST

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated June 14, 2022 Views 702 Applies to: