Xbox Series X - issues with Dolby ATMOS

I have my Xbox Series X connected to my TV with sound through soundbar via EARC.

While playing movies with ATMOS sound, sometimes audio is lost or the sound skips between Dolby Sound and Dolby ATMOS..also have noticed with some games the sound is lost and only comes back after I quit the game.

I did read that there was some XBOX issues woth ATMOS, but that was the XBOX One and three years ago.

Anyone running into these issues?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not having that issue, but on my series x the party chat randomly changes to make everyone sound autotuned and i have to change the sound driver. Tried buying dolby to fix it, nothing. Have to switch off and back to get chat normal. Every time i start a game or a new party this happens. Super annoying 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have my Xbox Series X connected to my TV with sound through soundbar via EARC.

While playing movies with ATMOS sound, sometimes audio is lost or the sound skips between Dolby Sound and Dolby ATMOS..also have noticed with some games the sound is lost and only comes back after I quit the game.

I did read that there was some XBOX issues woth ATMOS, but that was the XBOX One and three years ago.

Anyone running into these issues?

I am having the same exact issue with the loss of sound using the Dolby Atmos audio setting on the Xbox Series X. My setup is Xbox Series X out to LG CX out to LG sound bar via eARC. I will lose sound randomly with movies, games, pretty much any content when the Xbox is set to Dolby Atmos. When you switch the audio to stereo out no loss of audio will happen. 

This has to be an issue with the Xbox Series X and Dolby Atmos as I have read in other post people having the same issues using different TV's and sound bars. 

Microsoft needs to acknowledge the issue and advise if there will be a fix.

58 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one with this problem.

I also agree that its an issue with the Series X..I had an UHD movie disc that was having sorts of cut outs with the ATMOS, I moved the movie to my HD player and the issues vanished! The system was the exact same, except the disc players.

MikeFisher88, you state that when you switch to stereo there is no audio loss..Did you by chance switch from Dolby ATMOS to Dolby and see if there was audio loss? I haven’t tried this, so wondering if you have.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yea been having problems with atmos being silent and not working for the past few weeks. What is the deal?

"Nothing Can Be Accomplished, Without Sacrifice"

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It’s been spotty for me..sometimes when I turn my Xbox on, no sound. Only way to fix is to unplug Soundbar, replug in and then restart.

Either way a problem as not being able to use Dolby ATMOS diminishes the capability of the console.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been using a denon avr x3500h with svs speakers and just like that atmos doesn't have audio. Luckily DTS X works but atmos has things that well I like better. Least I know I'm not alone with this BS.

"Nothing Can Be Accomplished, Without Sacrifice"

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same Atmos randomly dropping issue. Using an LG Nanocell86 connected to a Denon S750h using hdmi 2.1 eARC.

When Atmos works its great but it keeps randomly dropping out. Only the Xbox X is causing this, all other devices or apps I use have perfect Atmos. Other formats work fine, only Atmos droppibg in/out especially when watching 4K bluray disks. Thus is an Xbox issue from all my research.

Please help, I hope the March update helps...

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

@AquaDSLGuy..I downloaded the most recent XBOX update and the random dropping of ATMOS was still occurring.

Based on what I am seeing, issue is definitely related to XBOX Series X not being able to consistently process ATMOS.

I am just living with the sporadic, random audio drop offs and hoping the issue is eventually resolved.

Here’s to hoping an April update will fix the issue.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Switching to "plain" dolby digital seems to fix the issue also.

I believe this was happening on my xbox one x as well, I just didn't use it that much to trouble shoot. So honestly I am a little pessimistic about them fixing this...

However right now I am trying to use the series x for everything (streaming, 4k discs, and games) so I've been trying to figure this out...

I've gone from arc (xbox to soundbar to tv via arc) to using an hdmi splitter (to go straight to tv and straight to soundbar) to trying new hdmi 2.1 cables (my old cables are only 2.0, but both my tv and soundbar are only 2.0 anyways) and nothing is fixing this problem.

This is a pretty big problem to go unfixed Microsoft... Please help us

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I spent a few extra bucks on a UHD player. The ATMOS cutout on 4K discs running on the XBOX just wasn’t worth the frustration.

I’ll continue to run Netflix and Amazon on the XBOX because I haven’t had the ATMOS cutout on these.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 5, 2024 Views 16,591 Applies to: