Xbox series x horizontal vs vertical position

Hi everyone.

I was thinking to put the series x horizontally. Well, i know it is designed both vertically and horizontally but my question is: technically speaking we're going to have differences in dissipation? The so called "tornado" airflow will perform in the same way? In my opinion, horizontally, we'll have the bottom "holes" in a free space ( not near to the surface) and this means much more cold air pushed into the machine. On the other hand, i know that hot air tends to rise and vertical position would tend to expel it more easily.

So, theoretically, is it better an horizontal position or a vertical  one for the Xbox series X? 

Thank you

I suspect it wont matter either way as long as it has enough ventilation.

When the 360 was announced most of the images were of it standing vertically but the majority of people has theirs horizontal.Yes there was the "red ring" issue but that wasn't caused by what position the console was in but "cheap" parts & i'm pretty sure they'll want to avoid anything like that happening again with the series X/S

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

i hope hope it will be. 

Thanks 

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello SeventhAndrew, great question. I have to agree with Daft Badger on this one. I believe the differences will probably cancel each other out, meaning either orientation will be optimal so long as it has adequate air flow availible. Im sure they took both orientations into account during the design process. 

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 17,772 Applies to: