Xbox series X has no in game sound but has sound on dashboard and everywhere else

Just like it says I have no sound in game but I have sound on dashboard and watching trailers. I also noticed while in game when I push the X on controller it doesnt make sound unless I am on the dashboard. I had sound earlier and then quit game and turned the xbox off and now it isnt working and I went through all the audio stuff and even changed some to see if it would give sound back to games but nothing. I have tried different games as well and none of them have any audio.

Is there a setting somewhere for game audio that I am missing?

This is my last shot before I do a factory reset and have to re-download everything so any help would be greatly appreciated.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello, This is Elijah.

The Xbox Series X will sometimes glitch out and provide no in-game audio when using "Quick Resume". I have experience with these issues. Also, make sure there are no outstanding updates as well. There are two ways to fix it.

1. A Hard Reset, which is unplugging your Xbox Series X from the power source, waiting 60 seconds, then plugging it back in.

2. A factory reset may be needed to solve this issue.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:

• Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. Use this option when selling or gifting the console, or as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.

• Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It resets the OS and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps.

• Cancel. To back out of this screen, simply select the Cancel button. No action has been taken at this point. This is a safe exit from this screen.

Pompeius Magnus CXV
LaResistance#704
Xbox Ambassador and Project XCloud Tester

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It started working again this morning when I turned it on but will still do the reset with keeping games and stuff, thank you for the replly and help

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue. The only resolve I found to work is when the game isn't giving audio, is to hard reset my Xbox and the game will have audio for a while. But sometime later that day, or the next, etc the/a game will launch again with no sound. Yet if say fallout 4 is playing with no sound if I launch an older game like assassin's creed black flag, that game will have sound like normal. The sound comes in on my headset but not off my TV. And it isn't my TV having issues because just as you said, I have home dashboard sounds still.

47 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Mine is having the same issue. Tried factory resetting to still no avail. Has anyone had any luck sorting this permanently?

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Mine started working but I did different things like shutting it off and then unplugging it for 30 minutes and I did a factory reset keeing the games installed and it started working. If you did this and it still isnt working you may need to unplug for 30 mins and then a complete wipe and restore of the xbox system and if still no sound check your sound setting and if still no sound after that then I am at a loss as to what else you could do

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So after all of that I played some guardians of the galaxy again and minimized it like always so i could come back quickly. When I came back a day later guess what??? I have no sound again!!! This is highly annoying and I have never had this happen on my ps5 or ps4 or any other systems I have owned and I must say that this might be the last xbox that I ever buy since I cant even play the games long.....so annoying and I dont know why microsoft hasnt fixed this bug yet.

43 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good Afternoon All,

I started experiencing the above issue yesterday evening as it started with not being able to hear any audio on the dashboard but video game/app volume was working correctly. Now, after turning on the Xbox today I have the opposite problem. Now I have audio on the dashboard but no audio in video games or apps; which is definitely worse. I contacted Xbox support this morning and after power cycling, factory reset, profile reset, and clearing quick resumes I am still having the same problem. Tech support outlined that multiple people are reporting the same issue and it may need an update to correct. The tech outlined that it could take anywhere from one week to a month to correct the problem.

32 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Update: After switching HDMI ports and hard resetting the xbox multiple times the audio returned to normal, but after about 2 hours of working correctly the audio errors came back.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hopefully an update fixes this. Some of my games and apps have audio, and other don't. Another problem I have is no dashboard sounds at all. And it's off and on throughout the day. Just glad to see I'm not alone

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So this started happening to me a few days ago, started when I was using Netflix. No sound whatsoever. After messing around for 30 minutes I finally unplugged my HDMI cord and plugged it into my HDMI port2 and everything was back to normal. However this kept happening everytime I tried going into Netflix I would get no sound and then it would follow me back to the dashboard. Weirdly enough I still have sound with my headset. But ff to a few days ago now I'm having this problem anytime I exit out of a game, all my sound goes away and I have to switch HDMI ports everytime to reset it and get my sound working again. I'm getting worried at this point because I have a 6k dollar TV and I can't afford to replace any ports on my TV because Xbox keeps screwing with my sound. Nothing I do seems to fix it. If anybody has any info on updates or fixes pls let me know, I don't wanna do a factory reset because of how much of a pain in the butt it is and from the sounds of it it's not really doing anything in the long run.

32 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 72,106 Applies to: