XBOX Series X - Graphics issues

Hello everybody, I receive my XBOX series X yesterday and found graphic issues after installing the COD Warzone game. 

As you can see from my videos, there are like flying black spots that do not disappear after changing the video settings. I've tried both 4k, 1080p and other resolutions. Either in 60 or 120 fps nothing changes.

To make sure is not the cable or the Monitor, I have tried the console on another TV and using a different HDMI cable and the problems persists.

I am not sure if this is a software or hardware related problem and I would like to know from others if you have encountered the same issue.

Please help!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

what the [mod removed]

Does it show up on other games? 

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the same issue on destiny 2.  The colors are fading in and out of whack.  It comes in and out and Doesnt do it all the time.  Just really annoying.  It is sometimes hard to see what is going on in the game.  it would be really nice to know if it was just a setting on my receiver or TV.  I’ve had an Xbox one X for years and have never seen this issue before on this game.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have shading issues on COD constantly switching from light to dark like your wearing sunglasses 

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I’m seeing a graphics issue with Destiny 2 on the new series X. The darks are not showing up right, some kind of shading issue. 
I cant figure out what is wrong, I havent found a setting to fix it. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Received my series X yesterday and was experiencing the same problem, spoke to Microsoft support last night and I have had to send it off to be repaired......literally had it 3 hrs 😩. My guess is GPU problem

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm in the same boat. White pixels instead. I've sent my Xbox off for a return, came back yesterday but the faults are still happening.

I have a feeling it is a HDR graphical issue. I really don't think it was tested/repaired at all.

P.Fletcher

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Its ridiculous, I was on the phone with them for ages going through all the settings trying to sort it... My first thought was HDR as when the TV recognised HDR input it would start going all pixelated...but I set up console on the lowest setting with everything disabled and it still happened.  I hope they can sort it but its going to be unlikely after seeing your comment.

How long did it take for you to have yours looked at and returned?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having a similar issua with my Xbox Series X. Games glitching are Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5. Horizon 4 stutters, hangs for a few seconds and shows these blinking lights / artifacts on screen. Gears 5 shows just a white screen while playing, image comes back when I exit back to menu. Tried several displays, HDMI cables and settings, nothing works.

Already sent my machine back to Microsoft to be fixed and they sent it back to me and these issues still remain. I too think it's a GPU problem. Will contact customer support once again today...

UPDATE : Microsoft is sending me a new console. I'll have to send the old broken one back once it arrives.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dice, my console is due back today...going by your comment its unlikely mine is going to be any different to the day I had it!

Nice to see they are offering you a replacement! Were they hesitant to give you this and give any explanation as to what the problem might be?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When asked what was wrong with the console I gave them a link to this thread. MS Customer service wanted me to send it to them again, but I told them that the issue was so specific, that it will not be detected by their automated process, unless they test on certain games like Forza Horizon 4. After supposedly reading this thread, the customer service offered to send me a new console.

I've tested several games now, and seems only "Optimized for Xbox Series S/X" titles are affected.

Horizon Chase Turbo, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Watch_Dogs 2 work fine.

Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5 and Immortals Fenyx Rising have major issues.

Maybe this has something to do with RayTracing? or using some part of GPU/Memory that older titles don't use.

Here's a video of Immortals Fenyx Rising on my Xbox Series X : https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8doy2y8uwcqazf/2020-12-22%2008.59.19.mov?dl=0

Update: My home office Series S runs all these games just fine with the same display(s) and HDMI cable(s).

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 7, 2024 Views 18,423 Applies to: