Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X games

So, I recently noticed that my Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X|S / Optimised for Series X|S games specifically.

It’s quite strange as it’s dead quiet every other time, but as soon as I start a Series X|S game, the fan becomes so loud that I need to turn up the tv volume.. it’s quite distracting.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions?

FYI - My Series X is a pre-order/launch day model.. and it sits in an open and well ventilated tv/entertainment stand*

In comparison, I owned an Xbox One S for three years and I never heard the fan on that.

|

Yes as more cpu and GPU usage occurring in optimized games this also occurs on pc

60 degrees isn't abnormal as the ps5 runs at 65 degrees 

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

So, what you’re saying is, the loud fan will pretty much be a part of the Series X gaming experience as the Next-Gen games require more power.. correct? 🤔

That’s interesting considering the console was designed to run these games with ease but it would seem like the games are pushing the console to it’s limits almost constantly. 

I mean, it’s great that it plays Xbox 360/One       games silently/smoothly, but I didn’t buy a new console to only have a pleasant experience playing old games..

Like, when I say it’s loud, the thing sounds like a hoover. 😳

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Like, when I say it’s loud, the thing sounds like a hoover. 😳

Hi

That's not right at all. My Series X is almost silent, running Series X games or Xbox One games.

If it sounds that loud either there is a hardware fault or the consoles' location is not ideal.

While it's true that some games will make the system hotter, it should not sound like a hoover, even my high end gaming PC (self built) doesn't get that loud and it can reach 84C.

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

So, I recently noticed that my Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X|S / Optimised for Series X|S games specifically.

It’s quite strange as it’s dead quiet every other time, but as soon as I start a Series X|S game, the fan becomes so loud that I need to turn up the tv volume.. it’s quite distracting.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions?

FYI - My Series X is a pre-order/launch day model.. and it sits in an open and well ventilated tv/entertainment stand*

In comparison, I owned an Xbox One S for three years and I never heard the fan on that.

I’m having the exact same problem now. The only time my Xbox sounds loud is when running series x enhanced games, it’s completely fine on old gen games. Have you had this issue fixed or is it still a problem now?

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 5, 2021 Views 222 Applies to: