Xbox Series X Face Button Controller Issues

Hi,

I tried to buy 3 elite 2 controllers in the past and they all had issues with the A button. I was recommended to return them and get new ones so I did so from different retailers and they all had this issue so I eventually gave up on the elite 2 controller (sadly).

I received my new Xbox Series X and the new controller does the exact same thing!! After a lot of research it appears if you press the buttons at an angle, they sometimes don't register... in my opinion if you hear the button click, it should register no matter what.

Before telling me to update the controller, reset it, etc. I've done all that many times.

It is worth noting that all of my old controllers do not do this. I've  never had a single button press missed with any of them ... I've only encountered this issue with the elite 2 and the new xbox series X controller.

It might just be the way they're built now but the older controllers never suffered from this.

Do I even bother to try get support to replace this one or am I just going to get another broken controller? I see so many posts on this but never a real answer from Microsoft on the problem.

They just don't care about this problem I guess. Its very annoying.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I recently bought a "Series" controller to use with the PC and immediately noticed the same thing.  Tried a second, hoping it was just a defect, but it suffered from the problem as well.  Seems like a fundamental design flaw in the controller.  Like you said, the 360 controller never had this problem.  What a disappointment.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2021 Views 351 Applies to: