Xbox Series X disconnects from wifi

Hi, 

Got the new series X and having an issue where every session I'm playing on it I get randomly disconnected from the WiFi. Seems to drop connection so i get kicked from games and then reconnects. I have the necessary port forwarding active, nat type open and its only the xbox that disconnects. 

Any suggestions as it is getting annoying now!

Thanks

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Kieronious, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps here:

First, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2-3 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the Xbox.

If the issue persists, please select System > Settings > General > Network setting > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address: clear

Then, please select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello. I have been having this issue since launch, I have been on many forums. I tried this fix but it hasn't helped is there anything else I can try. 6 months of this is really starting to frustrate me. It's happening every day. I can't get through a game without it dropping out and a wired connection is not an option. Please help. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Im wired and i still have the issue not every day tho.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm literally having the exact same issues with my series x I  can stream and watch YouTube but everytime I  play a online game it disconnects me and immediately reconnect to my WiFi and yes it's only happening with my series X all the other devices in my house work just fine with my Wi-Fi and I can play online games just fine with my Nintendo switch so I know it's the Xbox and not my Wi-Fi

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same exact problem here… i’m wondering when they will decide to fix it since it’s been 7 months that this problem is present and doesn’t allow us to play well on multiplayer…

I wrote on the Microsoft Answer and i got a reply telling me that this problem is recognized by Microsoft. I hope they will do something about it very quickly, cause i’m thinking to sell my Series X and buy something that make me enjoy playing multiplayer instead.

And by the way it’s not my internet connection, i have a 1gb/s FTTH contract which goes great with all my other devices ( for example my pc, which is near the xbox, it doesnt’t have any kind of issue with the wifi…).

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The fact that it’s recognized but that they do nothing about it is a real joke… they need to figure that **** out and help us buyers who are stuck with the problem!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same exact problem here… i’m wondering when they will decide to fix it since it’s been 7 months that this problem is present and doesn’t allow us to play well on multiplayer…

I wrote on the Microsoft Answer and i got a reply telling me that this problem is recognized by Microsoft. I hope they will do something about it very quickly, cause i’m thinking to sell my Series X and buy something that make me enjoy playing multiplayer instead.

And by the way it’s not my internet connection, i have a 1gb/s FTTH contract which goes great with all my other devices ( for example my pc, which is near the xbox, it doesnt’t have any kind of issue with the wifi…).

I also  am  still  having this  issue  since launch. I've  been  to  every  forum  and  youtube  vid  nothing  has  fixed  it. I ONLY have  this issue  with my  XSX  the  Xbox  one x works  perfectly fine. This is  really   discouraging  especially with  game  coming  out  that  a  REALLY want  to  play. At  this  point  I  feel  like  I  own  a  $500 doorstop.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah  and online play works flawlessly on my Nintendo switch not a single problem I can play online games on my switch just fine without any issues it's just my Xbox I'm honestly thinking about selling this thing and getting a PS5 but that was just suck so much because I've already put so much time and effort into the console not to mention the fact that I have over 80 games that I've purchased digitally on it and I've also genuinely enjoyed the console so I definitely want this issue to get fixed so that way it doesn't come to me selling it and getting another console but I'm honestly running out of options:'(

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've tried all those steps and still disconnecting every few minutes. This is the only device in my home that gets disconnected so frequently, so frustrating!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Do as I did… send them back with an advance replacement,l. They’ll send you a new one BEFORE you send them yours. Did it 2 times, and the second replacement seems to work… for now!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2024 Views 2,981 Applies to: