Xbox Rechargeable Battery not charging.

Bought the Xbox Rechargeable Battery about a month ago. Right now it doesn't seem to be able to charge. Initially it was able to charge either by directly plugging in to my Xbox Series X console or via any USB wall charger. However now it completely not able to charge via the wall charger (no lightning symbol appear). When charging via the console, the lightning symbol will appear but the animated battery progression bar not longer being display and it doesn't seem to charge at all.

I have updated to the latest firmware for the console and the controller but it doesn't seem to help. Kindly advise if I can return the item for a refund or bring in to a service centre in Singapore for repair or replacement.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Adrian Koh1,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Microsoft Community.

We understand that the Xbox rechargeable battery you purchase just a month ago.

Here some workaround for the Xbox rechargeable battery, you can try the following:

1. Pull off the battery cover and remove the battery.

2. Reconnect the USB and make sure the controller powers on. If it does, this fix will work.

Alternatively, you can test the battery in another controller or with another cable to see if the issue still happens or it might have worn out (as all rechargeable batteries do). The length of time that a rechargeable battery last depends on how often you recharge it.

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Geri M.

Microsoft Community

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Just performed the steps as what you have recomended but it didn't work.

The Xbox rechargeable battery is totally dead and cannot be charged at all.

Fully understand that it might have worn out (as all rechargeable batteries do) but this battery was purchased for less than a month!

Please advise if it can be replaced or refunded as it is unacceptable that a brand new battery lasted for less than a month of usage.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Adrian Koh1,

We understand the inconvenience caused and can really feel what you are feeling right now.

If it has a warranty and is still under the period of warranty, you can contact the manufacturer or the seller for a replacement. That's the best approach for your issue for now.

Allow us to give you some information relative to the issue. There are several reasons why a rechargeable battery may fail to charge. Some common causes include a faulty charger or cable, overheating, or damage to the battery itself. In some cases, the battery may not charge because of its health, age, or damage. It may also not charge if it is not inserted correctly into the charger or if the charger is not working properly.

One key indicator that the battery is damaged is noticeable bloating or swelling. Another easy way to identify damage is to see if there are cracks, corrosion or leaking from the battery. You can also check the output voltage of the battery using a multimeter. There are 5 warning signs that your lithium battery is damaged. (Though this is not applicable to your issue as the battery is just less than a month but still try to check, this could be a possible factory defect or an old stock from the retailer).

1. The capacity is reduced.

2. The voltage is low.

3. The self-discharge rate is high.

4. The battery is overheating.

5. The battery is bloated

In most cases of Xbox console controller charging issues are caused by a bad USB cord. The USB cable that you’re using may be damaged or have tiny wires inside that can easily break if you’re not being careful. Even though the USB cable may appear fine externally, the problem may lie inside.

Another possible cause is a broken USB port. If the USB port on your Xbox One controller is damaged or broken, it may not be able to charge your battery pack.

A damaged or bad battery pack can also cause your Xbox One controller to fail to charge. If your battery pack is damaged or has been used for a long time, it may not be able to hold a charge anymore.

Lastly, outdated firmware can also cause charging issues with your Xbox One controller of which as per description you have updated firmware to its latest version.

We hope we were able to help you somehow.

Sincerely,

Geri M.

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Adrian Koh1,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Geri M.

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I'M having the issue and the controller, play and charge kit were both bought at the same time 3 months ago (I chose to pay in 3 via PayPal). The cable simply powers the cable. The controller doesn't even vibrate anymore when the cable is inserted. It'll power the pad and sometimes I get the charge animation but a few seconds later it's back to power only. Advise....

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have given up hope for this Microsoft battery even though it was just a week or 2 after the problem surfaced and have been using regular AA rechargeable battery since.

As this Microsoft battery doesn’t come with a warranty I can’t get it replaced or repair. Just blame it on my bad luck this time round.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Battery won't charge.. the fix is remove the battery and connect usb cable? How this response is relevent?

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can not charge my battery as well, I use my PC Laptop to connect via the given cable, 1st of all there is no indicator that it is charging and at what percentage is it while charging. I used it on two controllers same result.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Adrian Koh1,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Microsoft Community.

We understand that the Xbox rechargeable battery you purchase just a month ago.

Here some workaround for the Xbox rechargeable battery, you can try the following:

1. Pull off the battery cover and remove the battery.

2. Reconnect the USB and make sure the controller powers on. If it does, this fix will work.

Alternatively, you can test the battery in another controller or with another cable to see if the issue still happens or it might have worn out (as all rechargeable batteries do). The length of time that a rechargeable battery last depends on how often you recharge it.

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Geri M.

Microsoft Community

I’ve been having the same problem as well. But my battery wasn’t charging the same day I purchased it and a year later it still won’t charge. I have to keep the charger plugged in otherwise the controller will cut off after a couple of minutes

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm find in staggering that the devs at xbox don't seem to realise that there is a very obvious problem with there charge and play kits.

All of the above suggestions will not fix this issue .

Just check the nunber of reply this is not an isolated incident. Ive literally spent the last 2 hours searching for a fix for this problem.

And have still found now solution you need to take a look at your hardware there is something wrong with the way the controller is interacting with the rechargeable battery.

Works fine with normal batteries. Works fine just plugged in to the the xbox via the lead , but the moment that battery dies it won't charge again.

Bought another charger pack thinking mine was faulty to have the exact same thing happen bought a new pad as well just to make sure it wasn't fault and the same issue .

Never had this problem with the previous USB c version.

There is a problem here that needs to be looked at and a proper fix found out .

39 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 26, 2024 Views 16,336 Applies to: