Xbox power supply orange light

My Xbox one has a solid orange light on the power supply pack. I know this means it is in surge mode. I disconnected it from the tv and power outlet to move it to another room. This has happened before and i got it going through advice from a chat community where the sync, eject button and xbox logo on front used to turn on were all pressed at once, just cant remember the steps, hope someone has used this method before. 

To protect your console from electrical damage, the power brick for the Xbox One comes with built-in surge protection. This shield helps safeguard your console by cutting the power supply when a power surge is detected.

As a result, you have to reset the power supply to your console after such power surges. You can do this with the steps below:

Unplug the power brick from the Xbox One as well as from the wall socket.

Leave the power brick unplugged for up to 10 seconds (more is better) to allow the power supply reset.

Connect the power cable back into the Xbox One and to the wall socket. You should ensure to fix the cable firmly at both ends, so the power supply is stable. Also, you should plug the power brick directly into a wall socket without the use of surge protectors and extension cords, as they can impair the performance of your Xbox One power supply.

Turn on the console and check that it is working correctly.

Before checking the LED indicator, it is important to ensure that you plug in all power cables firmly into the ports on the console and the wall power outlet.

• Steady white light: This means that the power supply is working correctly. The power brick is receiving power from the outlet, and your console is receiving power. If you get this response from the indicator, you should check out the “check video” fix below.
  • Steady orange light: The power supply is okay and is set to energy-saving power mode.
  • No LED indicator or flashing orange light: This indicates that the power supply is not working correctly and you should troubleshoot it. To fix this error, follow the step in fix #1 above. If this fix fails, then you need to replace your power supply.

While it is unorthodox, you can use this fix to quickly solve this problem and get your Xbox One working again. This fix is particularly handy if you are in a rush to get back to gaming without having to see a technician.

• First, disconnect the cable that runs from the power brick to the Xbox One console. Unplug only the end of the cable that goes into the power adapter.
  • Leave the plug that goes into the wall socket connected as well as the end of the other cable that goes into the back of the console.
  • Next plug the end of the cable that goes into the power adapter only halfway in, until you hear a crackling sound. Wiggle the cable plug, going back and forth until the LED indicator changes to a steady white
  • Switch on the console. Everything should work properly now.

Xbox Ambassador during day,
and Batman during night.

244 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello there WazzaLurka77,

I think I may have found the troubleshoot you were referring to. Please follow this link and let me know how it turns out.

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/console/reset-power-supply-solution

Happy to be of help! ^_^

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You should reset the power supply. Here is a link to the troubleshooting page.

23 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Wazza! 

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums! Just to clarify, the orange stand-by light is still on even after unplugging it from the Xbox and from the wall? In regards to the steps to a solution you mentioned, I'm not sure what those steps were supposed to do other than get you to the troubleshooting screen on the Xbox One. If you would like to access the Troubleshooting screen please follow the support article for Xbox One Offline Update but, if you would like to know how to troubleshot your Power Supply, I would recommend following the other support article link I have provided. If you have any further questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums! 

Sincerely,
Ruben
Happy Gaming!
\ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ/

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I found a solution you have to unplug everything on the Xbox just leave the power line then turn it on Lmk if it works

162 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 281,594 Applies to: