Xbox PC asking for PIN number to login.

Hello,

I traveled to my parents house this summer, where I was hoping to play my Xbox (Beta) games but it turns out I need my PIN number to do so. Not an e-mail, not my password, I need some number tied to my computer (or Windows installation) which I cannot check remotely. So I have three questions:

1) What is the point of having a subscription to online gaming platform if it is tied to a physical computer? I'd be better off just buying physical copies or using Steam, right?

2) Is there any god forsaken way to access the app without my PIN?

3) In case 2 is a no: Do I have to pay a burglar to go in my home, hack my computer and fetch my PIN in order to play the games which I pay monthly to access online or is there any mysterious technique, possibly involving no crimes, to find out my PIN number?

Thank you very much for the extremely thought out service,

Rodrigo

Hello,

Sounds like a rough go, I think i found a link that might help you out.

Give this a look:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4026196/windows-10-pin-sign-in-issues

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Tingey for the suggestion but the above link does not work in the Xbox Beta pass login screen, only in the Windows login screen which doesn't solve the issue for me since I'm using my brother's PC. But once again, thank you for trying to help.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Rodrigo,

I may be wrong but I sometimes get asked for a pin when using a device away from home. Usually it is Microsoft Authenticator App (For me it is on my phone)

You can find a PC version here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/microsoft-authenticator/9nblgggzmcj6?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Hopefully this helps you out

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You most likely want to check the Xbox support page.
Keep on gaming!

-Jowster12

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Instead of logging in with your account/password you can alternately setup a PIN usually four digits.  If you do not know the PIN you can still login with your account/password instead.  If you get the PIN wrong it will prompt you to login in the standard manner.

Fix problems with your PIN

A PIN is a set of numbers, or a combination of letters and numbers, that you choose yourself. Using a PIN is a quick, secure way to sign in to your device.

• 1. To change a PIN when you aren't signed in to your device, you might see a couple of different options: 
    • If you see I forgot my PIN below the PIN text box, select it and follow the instructions. If there are multiple accounts on the device, choose the one you need to reset and follow the instructions. This will take you to Enter your password. Follow the instructions and then move on to step 2 to reset your PIN after you've signed in. 

• If you don't see I forgot my PIN, select Sign-in options and choose Enter your password and sign in. Then move on to step 2 to reset your PIN after you've signed in. 

• 2. To reset a PIN when you've signed in:
    • Select Start  > Settings  > Accounts > Sign-in options. Note: If you've just updated your computer to Windows 10, select Start > Settings  > Network and Internet. Make sure you're connected to the internet. If you aren't, connect and then try signing in with your PIN again as shown in step one.

• Select I forgot my PIN and then follow the instructions.

• The PIN you use to access your device is different from your Microsoft account password and from your local password. If you need to reset your Microsoft account password, go to account.microsoft.com, select Sign in and follow the instructions. Next, select More actions > Change password. If you're worried that someone has unauthorized access to your account, see Recover your Microsoft account and Security info & verification codes

Hope This Helped.

DrifterX22

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

želim pokrenuti igru

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a security feature to stop unauthorised access to your account. The PIN is a code sent to your mobile device which you must have added to proceed with account setup. 

I personally have also experienced this unexpected denial of access to my account. The service expects you to allways have your phone on you so if someone in another location tries to access your account a security code is sent to the users phone to continue to log in.

I hope you understand that this feature has saved many accounts being stolen. It's frustrating if you are the legitimate owner trying to access. But bear in mind, there is good reason for this feature.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 13,113 Applies to: