Xbox One X "needs repair" after only working at 640p

My Xbox One X only works at the lowest resolution 640p. I've tried everything recommended in all the forums I could find online. I have a 1080p TV and I even tried it on a 4k tv and it still has issues (I'll attach photos). I contacted Microsoft support and they said I need to take my console in for repairs. Has anyone with this same problem had any success getting it repaired? 

Thanks

This strange green screen showed up for a split second several times before going black after I changed my console settings to 720p and 1080p while testing on a 4k TV. On my 1080p TV the screen just goes blank.

As last resort you can perform a factory reset and after that send it for repairs. 
Game ON!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks but I already tried that and it didn't change a thing.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to read about your console issues. :S I can point you towards the Display Troubleshooter, and a post from the Xbox Reddit, that suggests inserting and removing the HDMI cables from both devices and to retry. I would also recommend powering off both your TV and Xbox from the mains, re-connecting, trying some new HDMI cables and plugging into another HDMI port on your TV, purely for troubleshooting.

If none of these steps work, I would follow the advice from Xbox Support, and start a repair

Hope this helps, and that you're up and running soon! 

L

Xbox Ambassador since 2011. Always happy to help. :)

Problems with Xbox Services? Check here:
https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2023 Views 174 Applies to: