Xbox one x hdmi flicker

My xbox one x just randomly started flickering in and out and now is a black screen.  The display flickers back on but then returns to the black screen.  I have tried other cables and it did not fix it.  Same issue still occurs.

Have you tried another port on your monitor or TV? Please do the power cycle console as described on the bottom of the page. Here is the help for blankscreen.

Maybe that will help. Give it a go and inform us. Good luck.

One more thing. Also try Factory reset if above doesn't help but remember: check option keep my games and apps. 

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Here's an article on fixing this issue

Fortunately, there are a few potential fixes, so you can work through them and hope that at least one does the trick.

RT + Y

The first thing to try is the simplest, and comes from a Reddit user. He said that he pressed RT and Y "straight after it started moving around my pins," and that this returned his console to full functionality.

Don't just take his word for it either - multiple other Redditors chimed in to confirm the fix. That's why we recommend trying it first - and it doesn't hurt that it should only take a few seconds to test out.

Switching tabs

One solution recommended by Windows Central is to open the guide, press 'Home', and then immediately navigate away from the main dashboard to another tab.

Xbox Store

Here's an unexpected solution: visiting the Xbox Store.a Redditor found this unorthodox fix, but several other users confirmed it works (though we're still not sure why).

First up, hit the guide button and go to the store. Immediately press A on whatever is the main banner at the time, and then you can go back to the home screen, hopefully to find it intact and functional.

Hard reset

Getting slightly more drastic, your next option is to try a hard reset. To do that, hold down your Xbox One's power button until it turns off. The console will then go into a full reboot cycle and the dashboard should work once it loads.

Be warned though, as some people have reported the blank screen returning after the next time they turn their console on and off the normal way, so this may not be a permanent solution.

Offline mode

If none of the above have worked, there's one final option: the console's offline mode. The black screen of death seems to be caused by problems connecting to Microsoft's servers, so ignoring them entirely could help avoid the issue.

You can set your console to offline mode by disconnecting from Xbox Live via the Wi-Fi settings, which will leave you without any online functionality, but hopefully with a working dashboard.

If you reboot your Xbox One while the console in offline mode, then reconnect after it has finished rebooting, apparently that has fixed the problem for some users too.

Hope This Helps

Keep Calm & Game On!

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hard factory resetting could potentially fix this issue also but you can lose all your installed games and have to reinstall them 
Miku Sakuya

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's an article on fixing this issue

Where did you get the article from?

Ackis - Xbox Ambassador since 2010.

If this post solved your problem, please click the Yes at the bottom of the page. If it helped out, please upvote it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried booting up each device in a specific order? Start with your TV/ monitor, then power up your xbox. Sometimes the signal can't be captured by the monitor if the xbox is already running

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had a buddy who was helped out with that article, I found it on Tech Advisor UK

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had a buddy who was helped out with that article, I found it on Tech Advisor UK

Thanks. :)

When you copy/paste an article, it's good form to source it as well (for future reference).

Ackis - Xbox Ambassador since 2010.

If this post solved your problem, please click the Yes at the bottom of the page. If it helped out, please upvote it.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 20,572 Applies to: