XBOX ONE X DEV MODE I Left and Cant Return....

So I went through the whole process to activate and use Dev Mode. In the DEV MODE Activation app it stopped at "Almost There. You're almost ready for development, but first we need to update your xbox. After the updates, come back to this app and you'll be able to switch to development mode". No updates started, I had no idea where to go from here so I hit up the internet. Everywhere I was seeing to go into settings>console info and push LB RB LT RT to reveal an enable DEV MODE setting. This worked and I rebooted into DEV MODE. I messed around for a while but needed to get to sleep. I didn't want to leave the console in DEV MODE confusing the family the next day so I chose to leave DEV MODE.

The next day I went back to settings>console info and once again pushed LB RB LT RT and ... Nothing... I went over to the DEV MODE Activation app and still "Almost There. You're almost ready....". I have powered off the console, unplugged the console and still nothing... So now I have paid $19 for nothing. I have looked everywhere online and found nothing telling me how to get back to DEV MODE other than the above 2 methods which are not working... Please, is there something I am not finding, doing???

OK!! So that this helps EVERYONE out there lost and confused... The links in the Original Microsoft guide are outdated. The app on the XBOX shown in most guides online is outdated. There is a "NEWER" DEV MODE Activation app on your Xbox... Why Microsoft has not removed this older one I personally do not know. TIP!! When you search for the app on your Xbox do not stop at "DEV" and install the first one that came up, instead continue typing "MODE" and the newer app will show up. Installed, Loaded it up, it detected my Xbox was activated and promptly allowed me to now switch back and forth between DEV MODE and Retail!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 3, 2021 Views 85 Applies to: