xbox one x can't play 3d bluray

Hello guys,

i'm from germany and i have a big problem with my Xbox one x.

after the last hdr fix update for the bluray player app on Microsoft store, my Xbox one x can't play any 3d bluray. 

Standard 2d bluray, DVD and 4k UHD works great on my Xbox one x.

If i start a 3d bluray he works in 2d great, but if start the 3d disc menue, the connection lost to my tv and i become an blackscreen. 

I test it with...

Avengers age of ultron

Transformers age of extinction

nobody works 

My tv...

LG 55uh8509 last Firmware is installed

Xbox one x last updates are installed

What i do...

switch hdmi port on my tv 1 2 3 on tv 

reset my Xbox to factory

delete memory from bluray settings on Xbox

install the bluray player app again 

disable 3d and activate 3d in Xbox settings 

so i report that problem on german microsoft support...

my question is...

have any other people the same problem or i'm alone?

Sry for my bad broken english ;)

thx for your time and i hope for answer

Same for myself and many others, see below thread

https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/thread/91427f64-61f8-44d3-a507-54d56e87b678

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

This is still a problem for me, but...thx to another member on a different thread I've found a workaround. There's still an issue that exists on the Xbox One X that needs attention and resolution, but at least there is a workaround.

So to recap, playing 3D BluRay discs on the Xbox One X causes the TV to show a loss of signal, like the Xbox One X is no longer outputting an HDMI signal. Very occasionally if I hard reboot the console with the disc still inside and then immediately play the disc on boot, it works, and the disc plays in 3D, but most of the time not. 3D BluRays plays on the same TV with my One S connected no problem for me, so the issue seems to be with the One X only.

Now for the workaround, which will hopefully lead to the engineers finding and resolving the root cause of the problem also. If I set my Xbox One X, in the Display settings, to 1080p output (I still have the "Allow 4K" and "Allow HDR" checkboxes checked) the TV switches from 4K 2160p to 1080p display mode as expected. When the Xbox One X is set to 1080p resolution all 3D BluRay discs that I have tried play in 3D first time, without problem. Switching the Xbox One X back to 4K 2160p output, the TV switches back to 2160p as expected. However now when I try to play 3D BluRay discs, the same issue is back, in that as soon as the Xbox One X tries to set the TV to 3D Move, I get a loss of HDMI signal?

I've no idea is this is an issue specific to the combination of the Xbox one X and LG 3D TV's (as others who are reporting the problem also seem to have LG 3D TV's). Maybe the LG 3D TV's don't like to be switch from 4K to 1080p 3D mode? Or is the Xbox One X doing something silly, like trying to set 3D mode on the TV, when the display resolution is still 2160p? Which won't work as there's no such thing as 4K 3D.

I have a workaround now, but I'd rather this was investigated, and fixed.

Just to recap, I have an LG 55UH850V 4K HDR 3D LED TV, with the latest firmware from LG.

Thx Micro666

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried switching the TV to 3D mode (I know this sounds obvious but most of the time it doesn't auto switch). 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried switching the TV to 3D mode (I know this sounds obvious but most of the time it doesn't auto switch). 

Yes I also tried that, but it has the same result. Based on the work around I found, it seems that the issue is that the Xbox One X (or possibly it's an LG issue), can't switch from 4K 2160p mode to 1080p 3D mode properly. So by forcing the Xbox One X to output 1080p, and not 4K, the TV then already in 1080p mode before the 3D mode is turned on by the Xbox. I don't really know what the Xbox One X is trying to do, but maybe it's just telling the TV to turn on 3D mode, and not telling it to switch to 1080p as well, who knows.

It's an issue that myself and a number of others are having, and all the reports so far seem to be from people with LG TV's, so that kind of leads me to believe it might be an issue with the way the Xbox is telling the TV to switch to 3D when the Xbox and the TV are in 4K output mode.

Micro666 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Xbox Team,

Come on guys this is still an issue. I've not posted about it for a while as I was hoping it would get fixed, but it's still an issue on Xbox One X (and possibly Xbox One S as well). There is a problem with the Xbox One X (and possibly S) switching TV's from 4K output to 1080p 3D mode. I have posted a number of logs from my console also, but no action has been taken on this issue, and it's really really annoying. There is a workaround, but it's not acceptable. Please look into this and please fix.

This is 1000% repro, every single time! If you have the Xbox One X set to output at 2160p, which is my preference as I have a 4K 3D capable TV, insert a 3D BluRay disc, and when the Xbox One X tries to switch the TV to 3D 1080p output, the TV shows a loss of signal, and it doesn't come back. The signal loss stays until the disc is ejected form the Xbox One X, at which point the 4K signal is restored and the homepage etc displayed.

Note if you put in a 3D BluRay disc that has a 2D menu i.e. the 3D signal isn't switch until the movie starts you won't see this issue until the Xbox One X tries to switch to 1080p 3D output.

I can repro this with any of my 3D BluRay discs. This never used to be an issue until an update that was made around 4 months ago when this issue was originally reported, by myself and many others.

Please see these threads below for other reports of the exact same issue, reported around the same time:

https://forums.xbox.com/en-GB/thread/ca96b660-32ee-4128-860a-f83c59589c63
https://forums.xbox.com/en-GB/thread/9053175a-dfed-410c-b503-800fa7de4619
https://forums.xbox.com/en-GB/thread/9cfe4564-8734-4976-8814-9f2003658663
https://forums.xbox.com/en-GB/thread/340613ac-a0a0-4619-8ee4-ab45ff9f0b46
https://forums.xbox.com/en-GB/thread/91427f64-61f8-44d3-a507-54d56e87b678

I notice a lot of people reporting the issue have LG 4K 3D TV's, so maybe there is an incompatibility that has been introduced with the update 4 or so months ago, but it wasn't an issue before so isn't the fault of the LG TV's. For the record I have an LG 55UH850V 4K 3D HDR TV.

Many Thanks,

Micro666

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 8, 2023 Views 879 Applies to: