Xbox One Headsets

Hey all,

My fiance has been trying for quite awhile to find a headset that he can simultaneously listen to game play and music off his phone with on Xbox One. He spoke of Turtle Beach being the only one he knew of, but I can't seem to find any that specifically says that you can listen to music at the same time as playing a game.

His birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I would like to find him a set for a gift. Can anyone please give me some products that will allow what he wants??

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated November 19, 2019 Views 62 Applies to:

Hello there,

So you are wondering if there is a headset available that can connect to the Xbox for gameplay audio, and also connect to another device for music audio? I'm not aware of such a headset being available, but I don't see it as impossible. For now, I can recommend background music.

Xbox one has the Background music feature to allow the use of certain music streaming apps, like Pandora and Spotify, to continue playing music during gameplay.

Hope this helps!

Happy Gaming!
Chris ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you,

I have seen others mention the background music feature also. My only concern with that we are in the middle of nowhere, so the less taking up our internet while we play multiplayer the better. But it may be the only option for him as I'm having such a hard time finding what he wants. I believe that the set he was talking about is not wireless, but has two wires, 1 to the console and then an aux cable that plugs into the phone, but even then I can't find anything.

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Sorry this didn't help.

What the moderator post is his best bet. Unless you buy him the new Turtle Beach Headset which is $250 or Astro A40 with Mix Amp that allows your phone to connect via aux or bluetooth (Turtle Beach) 
Joc Holliday Slayer King Founder

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks guys! 

I just found where Turtle Beach's Stealth 700 says you can stream music and take calls from your device all while playing games so I'm going to look into it and double and triple check, but I'm thinking that's what I'll go with!

Sorry this didn't help.

Turtle Beach is a great Headsets, i have one for 3 years! 

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't think any headset can currently connect to two devices simultaneously and have feedback from both. 
No gods or kings, only men.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks guys! 

I just found where Turtle Beach's Stealth 700 says you can stream music and take calls from your device all while playing games so I'm going to look into it and double and triple check, but I'm thinking that's what I'll go with!

Howdy.

I have a set of TB Stealth 700s and can confirm that they will simultaneously process both game audio/chat and audio streamed via Bluetooth.  Just did a little test to be sure. 

The game audio and chat are delivered via WiFi, and the phone audio is streamed via Bluetooth.

If you have any other questions, please ask away!

Sorry this didn't help.

Fantastic! Thank you so much. We both have pairs of a more basic turtle beach model and we love the sound on them. Is the sound of an acceptable quality?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you want a reasonably priced headset that will have two audio inputs, then you might have to try to pick one some of the Xbox 360/PS3 style Turtle Beach headsets. They usually came with a cable that plugged into your TV, and a cable that plugged into your controller but you'd also need the USB plugged in to provide power to the headset. So you'll most likely have a mess of cables to deal with. It's not really an ideal solution.

I think for the same sort of functionality these days, you'd need to pay a much higher price, but on the plus side you'd also have a lot less cables to worry about.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is the sound of an acceptable quality?

Personally, I love the audio quality of the Stealth 700s.  Audio perception is such an individual thing, but I have played games using both the Windows Sonic and Dolby Atmos formats through the Stealth 700s and either format sounds pretty amazing to me.

I've used them for 2 months now and have only had a couple negatives. 

Rarely, (2 or 3 times in that 2-month period) I have experienced some audio "warping" and/or audio connection cutouts.  That is caused by an interference issue with the WiFi system that the Xbox One uses to connect controllers and wireless headsets.  (I also experience disconnects with my controller at about the same interval). The farther your WiFi router is from the Xbox, the less likely you'll encounter WiFi interference/signal congestion problems.  The space between my router and Xbox is about 3 feet, which is the minimum that Turtle Beach recommends for best results.  

The only other negative is that apparently I have a big head, and the headphones are a tad snug for me.  I only game for 1 to 2 hours at a time, and for that they are comfortable enough, but I'd probably want a break if I went longer.

I've read reviews by users who complain that they aren't loud enough, but for me they have more than enough volume.  I have never had need to set volume above about 70 or 80 percent, max.  I am a little protective of my hearing, though, as I need a good sense of hearing  in my job.

I just wanted to provide my full thoughts of the 700s.  If I had to make the purchase decision again today, I would buy them again.  

Sorry this didn't help.