Xbox One Controller Drifting Up

To whom it may concern at Microsoft,

I have been having issues for the last few days with my Xbox One controller.  There was a slight drifting issue on the left analog stick.  Originally I thought it was an issue with the game that I was playing but noticed the problem persisted after I stopped playing the game. I've been looking in the forums and it appears that I am not the only person with this issue.  The drifting has been getting worse and I can no longer use the controller to play any games.  How do I get a replacement from MS?

Microsoft, I want to be very clear on this matter. I am holding you responsible for selling a faulty controller.  In no shape or form should the solution to this issue be "buy a new controller".  As I mentioned before, there are many other Xbox One owners who's controllers are defective for the same reason as mine.  It is Microsoft's responsibility to replace these controllers.  A less than one year life for a controller that I paid $60 for is not acceptable.  I hope Microsoft contacts me soon regarding this matter.  I'm sorry to say that I am very close to returning my Xbox One but I am willing to give you the opportunity to correct this.  Please reassure me that I made the correct decision by sticking by Xbox One and that Microsoft knows how to treat their loyal customers.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I haven´t had the drifting, but my two controllers have died, one is covered by warranty as it came with the console, which I bought back in December, but apparently they won't replace the other, as they only give a paltry 90-day period to a thing that's supposed to last for years. Pardon for hijacking your thread, but I think that if they see that there are multiple costumers voicing their concerns, they may give us a propper answer.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My day one Xbox controller drifts up horribly. Most games are unplayable with it. Worried they will only replace for a standard controller which would be BS. Also the headset broke.... And the Xbox doesn't read discs properly.... All in all a great product!

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Having the same issue while playing destiny. My left analog stick drifts to the point where I can no longer play, if Microsoft wants me to buy their games, I need a controller that will last for more than six months.  

12 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have 3 controllers all together I have to repair cases going so I went about a hour or so ago to buy another which I will need while I send out my other two, within 30 mins left thumbstick went on the new one popping sticking grinding and when it happens shake ur controller u will here the broken little clip inside moving around this is absolutely a big issue!!!!!!!!!  I have read a lot about this the past two weeks and there are a lot of others with the same issue fix it!!! One *** off customer

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had the same issue with the left thumbstick drifting up. In CoD, when zoomed down sight, the zoom function goes away on its own because the left thumbstick acts up, makes the game unplayable. Has anybody had any success with MS as far as replacement goes?

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Having this exact same issue! So frustrating!

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey everyone!

I am truly sorry to hear about the controller drifting issues, I can definitely understand how frustrating that could be. In order for us to collect additional information regarding this issue, I have sent you all a private message. You can click here to check your private messages.  In the meantime,  I recommend trying a few troubleshooting steps if you haven't already.

Please give the following steps a try:

• Make sure that your controller has fresh batteries and that your controller is updated,
  • Press and hold the power button on your Xbox One console for 10 seconds.
  • Once your console is powered off, unplug the power cord.
  • Wait 5 minutes and then plug in your console.
  • Power on your console and check to see if the issue is continuing.

Go ahead and give the suggested steps a try and let us know how it goes!  Thanks!

16 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, I am also experiencing right analog stick floating up. I have tried two different controllers on multiple games including Titalfall and FarCry 4 and they both float. Have also tried plugging them into the usb port and updating them. Still no luck. Seems to me there is a firmware issue. Anyone else?

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have seen this while playing COD AW

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey HumidDesert3901 and theBlueSun!

Sorry to hear about the controller drifting issues. I went ahead and sent you a private message.  When you get a chance, check your private messages clicking here. In the meantime, go ahead and try the troubleshooting steps that I have provided above a shot.  Thanks in advance!

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 28, 2020 Views 88,985 Applies to: