Xbox needs to be factory reset daily

This problem has been happenig for the past couple of weeks where each time i go to turn on my xbox it will have a sluggish interface along with not being able to open any game, doing a hard reset does not fix the problem but factory resetting has seemed to get it to work just fine until it is shut off again. Today i have learned that switching to a different game or app will sometimes cause the xbox to return to the sluggish broken state. Is there a way to fix this?

I have similar issues. Only started just about 2 weeks ago. I've done numerous Hard/Soft resets, Cache Clears, Account sign in/outs, router resets both by myself and my ISP all the blah, bla, blah stuff Xbox tell you to try but it hasn't resolved the issues. I've spoken with techs/agents and the they have all done the same steps and when it doesn't work they turn around and blame it on the game developers. Funny this the other Xbox in my house can download/install the same games without any issues....developers hey?! 

I understand that some games have issues but I have had some games that worked before resets and others that didn't and once the reset has been done these games have switched, ie those that worked stopped working and visa versa. Now it's just pot luck which games will install without getting Installation Stopped errors and those that do which will actually run without crashing this Xbox. 

Techs promise to email/call me back 'once they have investigated further' and never do. Take a bit of ownership MS/Xbox and help your users by actually investigating things from your side. Maybe it's a firmware issue or even still a corruption of our Live Account profiles? I didn't have any issues with this Xbox until I upgraded my subscription from Live Gold to Game Pass...the moment I did this all my problems started. Xbox's reply...'I can assure you it's not an issue with your account'. Really?

Come on MS/Xbox give us some real support like perhaps even the contacts of a licensed repairer so they can check out the hardware? Or would that mean admitting there is a problem with our devices? I don't care I just want a working account/Xbox again!!! 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

First off I'll remind you that at this time things are a little less "functional" than they usually are, the world situation has teams on reduced level of staffing all over the place & as a result things are taking a little longer to get round to dealing with than normal.  Then add in the fact that there are currently more users using consoles much more than they normally are & as a direct result more issues coming up - you can see where this is going!

Is it happening with one particular game - for example are you playing Game A which causes it to occur or is it happening regardless of which game you're playing to start off?

At the best of times I'm one of those guys who'll preach patience, believe me when I say I get the frustration of it not being as quick as you'd like it to be, but this is a time when things are far from ideal so things will be taking a touch longer to deal with than what most of us would like to see.

Upvotes & answer votes welcome - hit the bell to be notified...oh wait!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Koods, thanks for your reply and believe me I have been patient (two weeks of troubleshooting, phone calls/chats to techs, 6+ resets/rebuilds of my Xbox and one full clean install of my laptop - yes games stopped installing on this too - later) and my patience is wearing thin. I understand perfectly well the situation we are in but these errors were being reported by users long before the current state of affairs.

As I mentioned in my post it is simply pot luck which games will download and run. Fortnite for instance worked before I reset and then again after the next too. Now it won't work. Monster Hunter installs but won't load and crashes my Xbox. GTA 5 keeps giving me Installation Stopped errors as does Subnautica. Minecraft, Witcher 3, SoT and Fallout 4 (which I owned before upgrading to Game Pass) install and are playable. T.A.B.S. installs but won't load. See where I'm going with my theme here...Game Pass. 

Other games I have downloaded that aren't included in Game Pass install and run fine. 

If you can shed any further light on this then please do, I'd be more than grateful. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 36 Applies to: