Xbox keeps dying on me

I've been having issues with my Xbox, a month ago or so my Xbox froze and wouldn't start up again, leaving me stuck on the green screen of death or the black screen of death. I factory reset it and it worked for a week or two but eventually I happened again and I factory reset once again. I did this another 2 more times in the past month but it has just happened again and now instead of being able to do a normal factory reset it gives me the E203 00000803 800701E7 update error code no matter what I do, I've left it unplugged for over an hour twice and retried and it does the same thing. Not sure what I can do now

Hi, Andrew. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

If you have an external hard drive connected to the console, turn off your console then disconnect the external hard drive. Turn on your console without it and see if it works fine.

If not, since you have done the factory reset already, the next step would be to do the offline system update method. Please follow the steps from this link, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 7, 2024 Views 35 Applies to: