after days of googling and trying to reach Microsoft Support via Chat (which just always breaks down saying "too many authentication attempts, try again later") I hope maybe someone here can help me.
I have a 3 month Game Pass and activated it on the 21st of December without issues. I downloaded the Xbox Beta App also without issues. But whenever I tried to download ANY game (Halo, Outer Worlds, Metro 2033, Gears 5) it just would not download, froze at 0% and after a couple minutes would just show an error message with a couple different codes (mostly 0x80080005). Googling these errors would lead to others getting those codes via Windows Update but apparently not in the Xbox Beta App. Ori and the blind Forest startet to download at first, but then stopped at like 30% with an error code that did not lead anywhere. Here is what I tried so far, everything several times:
- installed all updates
- reinstalled The Xbox Beta App
- tried downloading games via Microsoft Store (just leads to an error message without any code just "try again later")
- reinstalling Micorosft Store
- removing and reinstalling GamingServices via powershell (admin) console
- removing all anti-virus programs
- removing all custom windows decisions, basically allowing windows to collect ALL my Data and not restricting the OS anywhere
It did not lead my anywhere.
So looking into errors, I found that "GamingServices" apparently already chrashes when I start up my PC and continues to do so every couple minutes. When I manually try to start it, it would crash with an error message saying it is not installed. I attached two screenshots, sorry they are in german, the translation would be: "The "GamingServices" service on "Local Computer" could not be started.
Error 1060: The specified service is not an installed service."
When I try it in safe mode it just says "The service cannot be started in safe mode." (makes sense I guess).
I do not experience any other problems on my pc, and I have not changed anything since October.