Xbox game pass being forced onto players?

Gold membership is roughly $60 a year in order to play online multiplayer and occassionally recieve free game downloads.

Game pass if roughly $200 a year for able to do the same as gold but with added discounts for food delivery, Spotify, and roughly 10% off digital game purchases. Being able to play anywhere does seem nice if mobile devices support it along with the network. FYI, major networks can barely support current demand let alone 5G(required) to play. The costs will only go up.

Downfall that Im seeing is that as a consumer of video game media, if I accept being forced to buy game pass just to play with my friends, I no longer own my games. When the game pass expires or removes my game from the list, my games will no longer be playable even if I have a hard copy. So roughly $200 a year to try some games, less material impact on the enviroment(maybe),more money directly to developers(maybe), and no longer be able to play my games. 

Why would I want to pay that in order to just play online with my friends? 

Is there any better option other than just dropping Xbox or wasting money for unwanted monthly subcription?

|

Was this discussion helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 143 Applies to: