Welcome to the Xbox.com forums.
Here are a few examples of things to do and things not to do while you’re here. We hope you understand these are in place for the good of the community and to improve your experience here. Failure to follow these guidelines could mean some bad things and in some cases, an offense is extremely severe or high in number that it warrants further action outside the scope of a simple forum suspension. We don't like doing that and for most it won't be a problem. We do, however, love seeing you have fun and making new friends. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to message a Moderator or Support Agent.
1) Be an example of a great poster for others to follow.
2) Post your comments, opinions and ideas in a constructive and respectful way. Don’t be afraid to jump in and add to a conversation. Introduce yourself. Meet people.
3) Please do not be rude and do not insult, berate, or comment upon anything personal to do with Admins, the MVP's, Mods or any other person who happens to post on this forum. If you think someone is wrong it may be because they are new, don't
jump on them. Please be tactful and be civil.
4) Do not post or use profanity or any creative form of bypassing the word filters. Even if it’s ****** don’t post it.
5) You should not post your or anyone else’s personal information on these Forums including but not limited to name, physical or email address, age, phone number, credit card or sensitive log-in information. Furthermore, if any user asks you
for personal information, such as the information detailed above, do not provide it. The exception would be to an OFFICIAL Support Employee. They are designated by an 'Microsoft Agent' badge and a Mister, Miss, Misses, or XBF Gamertag.
6) Please do not "name and shame" users. If you see someone violating the Code of Conduct please do not publicly post an accusation. Instead, report it using the tools within the game or the file
a complaint using your console. If the violation took place on the forums you may use the report feature.
7) Please use your better judgment when posting things. Do not reference controversial topics or world events. If you have to start your post with “I’m not trying to offend anyone but” take a second look at the post before deciding if it’s
needed to get your point across.
8) Don’t commit personal attacks or post abusively towards others.
9) Please do not have a large percentage of your posts that are only negative rants against anything Microsoft, Xbox, or the membership. This is a form of trolling that only inflames the community and incites more flaming and abusive posts.
10) Do not flame or troll - Please do not try and provoke anyone into a fight. This includes posting condescending remarks or following people and replying to them to fuel a rivalry or continuing a discussion after it has gone downhill.
11) Do not engage users who are trolling and instead report it. Remember, If someone else is breaking rules it does not permit more rule breaking. Defending yourself isn't an excuse.
12) Please remember the vast majority of the posters on this forum are not employees or in any way affiliated with Xbox, Xbox Live or Microsoft Corporation, but are in fact unpaid volunteers who donate hours of their time to provide information
and assistance out of the goodness of their hearts, and without recompense.
13) Please do not spam. No commercial posts or flooding the forum with useless content. Double, triple, etc. posting and one word replies can also be considered spam. Post with substance and thought.
14) You may not use the forums to trade codes, merchandise, services or any other tradable item. This includes giving things away, holding contests etc.
15) Do not discuss topics that are not related to Xbox or the topic of the forum. This includes creating comparison threads involving other console manufactures.
16) Please do not start a thread in one forum, then cross post in another forum in an effort to increase your chances for a quick reply. If you mistakenly post in the wrong forum, don't worry, the mods will be more than happy to move your post
to the appropriate forum.
17) Do not continue to use any posting style that is disruptive such as posting in all caps, leetspeak, overused memes, off topic banter/phrases etc.
18) Do not "Bump" or double post in a topic unnecessarily and more than once in 24-hours. If you do this it will result in the bump post being deleted. Additionally, do not bump/resurrect old threads. Instead of replying to an inactive conversation
that was created years ago, create a new thread.
19) You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages on the forums and your conduct on Xbox Live . You assume all responsibility from your posts, even if they are made by your little brother/sister/dog.
20) Do not create multiple forum accounts. Each person is allowed one account only. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
21) Please do not start any "Sign petition" threads, or "Poll" threads or solicit personal information from users. Please use the boards to start conversation about ideas or thoughts on Xbox Live or games. Starting a discussion is a much more
meaningful way to get a response from the community. Phishing is against the ToU and asking for or posting personal information is always disallowed.
it is intended to operate. This includes ANY discussion of self-repair. Please only suggest official support procedures as noted on official support pages on Xbox.com.
23) Please do not discuss anything regarding glitching, modding, hacking or exploiting gameplay other than it has been intended by the developers. This includes how to's, requests for duping or map glitching to name a few.
24) Please do not discuss or post about controversial social issues including but not limited to race, religion, topics or content of a sexual nature, hate speech illegal drugs/controlled substances, or illegal activities.
25) Do not knowingly post misinformation, lies or false facts. Whether posted knowingly or unknowingly your post could be removed and you will be given an explanation.
27) Do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, remove a post edited by a moderator or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please
private message the applicable moderator.
28) Please do not advertise on the site. This includes your personal channels such as Twitter, Twitch, Mixer, etc.
29) Do not breach 'non disclosure agreements' (NDA). If you have agreed to accept the terms and conditions of NDA's then please respect the agreements you have committed to. This goes for any NDA regardless of the publishers. If you have feedback
to provide then please do so in the relevant domain that may have been provided to you by those who you have entered the NDA with. If you have not been provided with a domain or feedback center then simply withhold any discussion that would breach your Non
Disclosure Agreement. This also applies to those who are not under NDA, meaning that you are not permitted to create or share information that is confidential to someone else.
30) Discussions regarding ways to improve your Xbox experience are welcome, and we encourage you to post your ideas on the Xbox Ideas site. However, please do not
use the forums to solicit votes on your Xbox Ideas suggestions.
31) Above all else, have fun, make friends and contribute to a great community. Please check back often as these rules will evolve to meet the needs of our constantly changing community. Thanks for stopping by and see you on the forums.
Xbox and Microsoft provide the Xbox.com Community Forums (or “Forums” for the purpose of this document) as a centralized community site for all Xbox fans to connect and discuss all manner of Xbox-related information, including sharing both content and experiences offered across various Xbox products. The Forums are here for the benefit and enjoyment of all members, and are accessible to anyone who agrees to the following guidelines for access and participation to the Forums.
Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct: http://www.xbox.com/Legal/CodeOfConduct
Microsoft Community Code of Conduct: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/page/faq#faqCodeConduct
Please adhere to the following Usage Guidelines:
When communicating on the Forums, it’s important to stay on topic. These Forums have been created to provide a channel of communication across the entire spectrum of Xbox and Xbox LIVE’s fan base, specifically for the discussion of Xbox related topics. Please refrain from discussing personal matters, verbally abusing any company (including creating negative posts towards Microsoft), product or individual, or from posting content which may be deemed inappropriate or irrelevant for an Xbox community.
The Forums are an extension of the Xbox LIVE service, and are intended to provide a positive experience for all members. Please make sure that you are not detracting from the community experience for any user. Your opinions are welcome, but refrain from personal attacks and harassment of other members, and from posting content which could be viewed as unlawful, threatening, pornographic, harmful, indecent, lewd, abusive and inflammatory.
All content posted on the Forums should maintain a helpful and courteous tone, and not be intended to provoke or flame other community members, moderators, or Xbox staff. Polite queries will elicit polite and helpful responses. Ranting or insult-heavy posts are more likely to elicit commensurate responses from the community. Also remember - Moderators, MVPs, and most community members are unpaid volunteers who dedicate hours of their time to provide assistance and information without recompense.
You should not post your or anyone else’s personal information on these Forums including but not limited to name, physical or email address, age, phone number, credit card or sensitive log-in information. Furthermore, if any user asks you for personal information, such as the information detailed above, do not provide it.
Additionally, the Forums are not to be used for the promotion of third-party services, products, websites and/or organizations. Please refrain from posting content that could be considered advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation. Also refrain from posting “Sign petition” or “poll” threads, and instead use a post to start a discussion. This is a much more meaningful way to engage the Xbox community.
When coming to the forums for help, try to first use the tools at your disposal to find good content that may have already been posted. Search, pinned posts (labeled “Sticky” and “Announcement”), and posts to the right of the forum view are great places to start. If you are unable to find relevant content, create a new post, and be very descriptive about your post in the subject or title. This will help others find what they want to read, and will help you get an answer.
Remember that any advice or recommendations offered on the Forums are those of the individual members, and they are not specifically endorsed by Xbox or Microsoft. It is each individual forum members’ responsibility to follow or not follow any advice or recommendation given by another user.
While the Forums may be reviewed by a moderator staff, the content therein is not guaranteed to be moderated or endorsed by Xbox or Microsoft. Neither Xbox or Microsoft are responsible for any failure or delay in removing objectionable content or any content that is in violation of the aforementioned guidelines.
Additionally, the responsible party for such violations can be temporarily suspended from posting or permanently banned (their Forums privileges permanently revoked), once the moderator staff has reviewed the conversations suspected to be in violation of the guidelines.
BE A LEADER
Part of your participation requires adherence to the guidelines as outlined above, but also requires that all users perform in an exemplary and commendable manner. Please make full use of the Report functionality of the Forums, which notifies moderators to objectionable content or any conversations which appear to be in violation of guidelines as outlined above.
From time to time, the moderator staff may designate certain members with leadership roles. This designation does not imply that Xbox or Microsoft endorse this person’s posts or comments. The designation only allows the community to know when a member has performed in an exemplary and commendable fashion, and may, on occasion, assist with monitoring the Forums to ensure its integrity is maintained.
UNSOLICITED IDEA SUBMISSION POLICY
Microsoft or any of its employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new products or technologies, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not send any original creative artwork, samples, demos, or other works. The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when Microsoft’s products or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to Microsoft. So, please do not send your unsolicited ideas to Microsoft or anyone at Microsoft. If, despite our request that you not send us your ideas and materials, you still send them, please understand the Microsoft makes no assurances that your ideas and materials will be treated as confidential or proprietary. Any feedback about the Live service or Xbox hardware and games can be left via our Xbox Feedback site here: xboxideas.uservoice.com.
How to contact Forum Support
How to contact Xbox Forum Moderators
Mod Lead- Scrtch
*A very special thanks to Scrtch and Miss Portia, as well as the vast and talented Moderators, MVP's and Support folks that made these guidelines come to life.