Xbox Elite Controller Button Layout Profiles Malfunctioning And Unuseable

So I was trying to set up 2 different custom button layout profiles on my xbox elite controller, and kept trying to remove the default one so I could have 2 custom profiles instead of 1 default profile and 1 custom, and I tried to do this by assigning the second profile to the slot the default was in since there was no delete option on the default profile.

Instead, I accidentally somehow ended up with 2 default profiles that can't be removed, rendering my profiles unuseable and I can't assign even 1 now. How do I undo this, and is there any way to get rid of the default profile alltogether?

Did you tried to power cycle your console? You have some info of how to do it here: https://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't know if you solve your problem. But I got the same problem.

What I end up understadning is that if your configuration is the same that the default one, you cannot assign it (the default will be assigned)..... Which is nota real problem, just counter intuitive.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there     

I’m sorry to hear about any issues you may be having. If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new threaddetailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you!  

Best wishes,
-L ᕦ {≷• ܫ•≶}ᕤ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 30, 2023 Views 766 Applies to: