Xbox controller share button not working on PC.

I play on PC with my xbox controller wirelessly. This morning i recorded and took a couple of screenshots while using it, it worked fine. A couple of hours ago i updated my computer and when i wanted to record something again the share button wasnt working like it usually does. I did some research and digging and noticed a couple of people also had this problem. I tried disconnecting it, restarting my pc and controller, updating it, etc. and nothing has worked yet!!!! Please i dont know what else to do. It does work when i connect it via USB but that totally defeats the point of using it wireless.

|

Hello Taishouu, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you. Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems. I am very sorry for the problem you are going through. I was researching in one of the Microsoft forums and found in this article (https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/82f69126-5166-4671-a6c6-b24bd48cecf0)">https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/82f69126-5166-4671-a6c6-b24bd48cecf0) Belen T.C. Moderator, show that the solution to the problem can be solved by following these steps: "There are a few possible reasons why the Share button might not work correctly over Bluetooth. One of them is that the Share button functionality is not yet fully supported in Windows 11, and might require a future update from Microsoft to enable it. Another reason is that your Bluetooth connection may be unstable or have interference from other devices, which could affect the signal quality and cause the Share button to fail. To fix this issue, try the following steps: 1. Make sure your controller firmware is up to date. To check this, connect the controller to your PC using a USB cable and use the Xbox Accessories app. 2. Try pairing your controller again with your PC. To do this, press and hold the Pair button on your controller until the Xbox button flashes quickly, then go to Settings > devices > Bluetooth and other devices on your PC and select Add Bluetooth or other device > Everything else > Xbox wireless controller. 3. Make sure your Bluetooth driver is updated. You can check this by going to Device Manager, right-clicking on your Bluetooth device, and selecting Update Driver. 4. Try disabling any other Bluetooth devices that may be interfering with your connection, such as headphones, speakers, keyboards, mice, etc. If none of these steps work, we highly recommend that you send feedback to the Xbox team so they can send a patch to fix the issue as soon as possible. Go to this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem" Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/82f69126-5166-4671-a6c6-b24bd48cecf0 Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings. Sincerely, Oskayra.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, have you had any progress?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, have you had any progress?

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately i did try everything you suggested but nothing worked.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, a recommendation is that you can update your control with the USB cable to have better results.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I have the same bug. Share button does work with cable plugged In but when through Bluetooth does not.

And in game after pressing share button, pointer starts to freak out and control layout becomes keyboard for a sec. (Bluetooth connected).

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Everything is updated but its still the same.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. I have a bluetooth Xbox controller connected to a PC (Asus ROG Ally). The share button was working until recently, then stopped, but it still works when connected via USB C. This appears to be an issue with a Windows update breaking something. The only other change I made was to switch from AA batteries to an Xbox battery pack.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem. Noticed it over the weekend as I usually take screenshoots quite a bit while gaming. I have tried reviewing everything posted so far to fix it but nothing has worked. The one thing I have not tried, is uninstalling the last windows update. There was a YouTube posted that recommended uninstalling the last update as they believe that is what broke the feature. I have been gaming for a few years and have never had an issue with the share/screenshot button before now. Hope someone can figure out a fix soon! My work around is to use the Xbox game bar and to pin the capture shortcut to the top of my screen and leave my mouse over the capture button. It's a pain but better than nothing!

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, a recommendation is that you can update your control with the USB cable to have better results.

Updating the controller firmware via USB did not make any difference for me. Since it worked before, it seems like an issue caused by a recent Windows update, so may require rolling back the Windows update or a hot fix from Microsoft.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 8, 2024 Views 712 Applies to: