Xbox backward compatibility download HEELPPP!!!,!!,

I,ve downloaded the zip file in the website "http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=12129", then, after the download was finished, I got the file "system update"' but the thing is, after I unzipped the file, it didn't give me the default.**** file as it was mentioned. Instead, i got a file that has numbers on it. Please help! I really want to play older games my xbox!!!!!

This page... en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360 shows what games are compatible with the 360. No file downloads required.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That update is an old one from what looks like 2007.  Can you follow the instructions in this link instead:http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system-updates/system-updates-info#c1e4be66eff14e65b8467808b591f320

Go down to 'Copy to a USB flash drive' in the above link, download the update and follow the instructions to install it on your console.

Bear in mind that your console requires a hard drive to play original Xbox games.  The compatible ones are listed in the link Jameser78 posted.  Original Xbox games will not work with the 4GB Slim console without a hard drive.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, SpeedsterXLR8. I wanted to check in here and see if you still need assistance. If so, please let us know and we'll be happy to work with you further. Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was wondering if someone could help me i have an xbox 360 elite with a 120 gig hard drive and i receive "the game couldnt start. Try downloading the game again" error msg when i try to play Mercernaires Playground of destrusction i tried updating via USB and the system loads as usual any suggestions ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

First Check your memory status to ensure enough memory is available as some games require a little extra space available in order to work properly

If the Game is on Disc directly connect your console to the internet and make sure all required downloads are downloaded

If the game is originally a disc game but you uploaded it to your xbox then please remove it from your xbox as some games will not function correctly if uploaded, Microsoft is still trying to resovle that issue.

If the Game was purchased and was downloaded onto your console then go to your download History page and redownload your game.

To get to your Download History:

On the Gamertag that you have purchased the game, on dash board go to settings, then Account and then downlod history, find game in the list then download again.

If the game continues to not work after you have done above suggestions then you may have to contact an actual Microsoft employee as they will be able to go more indepth with you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2024 Views 2,676 Applies to: