XBox App on PC can't find purchased content on Windows 11

Hello, I pre-ordered Like a Dragon: Ishin! on the XBox store website last week and haven't been able install it onto my Windows 11 PC. The game launched yesterday and installed and ran with no issue on my XBox. When I go to the game's store page, I get the option to also install on PC since it is a Play Anywhere title. Clicking this option opens the XBox app, which immediately opens an error page that says 'Looks like you are stranded, try again later'. Searching the store via the app shows no mention of the game, even though it comes up immediately when using the store website. My amateur guess is that whatever database the app is using isn't up to date, so it doesn't believe the game exists.

So far I have followed all the steps in the various XBox app support articles with no impact. This includes:

1) Restarting the PC (multiple times)

2) Checking that all apps were up to date using the MS Store

3) Resetting/Repairing both the XBox App and the MS Store using Programs -> Advanced Options

4) Completely uninstalling and re-installing the XBox App

5) Completely uninstalling and re-installing MS Gaming Services using the Powershell

Any help would be appreciated. Maybe the game isn't released on the XBox PC store yet? But it is available on PC via Steam and other stores.

Hi, I'm Dericka, an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please try to do the steps here?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

Then please restart your PC and try it again. Thanks!
Dericka Marie F.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Dericka,

Thanks for your help. I tried the steps in the link and restarted, still have the same issue. For what it's worth the sfc scan reported no issues that needed fixing.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, I see. Base on the steps that you tried, the last resort for this is to clean boot your PC. This will make your system good as new however you'll be needing to reinstall all your files.
Dericka Marie F.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The solution to this particular issue was to find the game on the Microsoft Store app and download it from there. I assume there is a bug of some sort causing my XBox app to not see the game, even when directly linked from the website store. Thanks for your help

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, I see. Can you please try to search other game and check if it will happen to that too?
Dericka Marie F.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2024 Views 625 Applies to: