XBOX App for IPhone - Issues connecting to Party Chat

Hey Everyone,

I first want to say I really think the Xbox APP is amazing allowing you to communicate in parties directly from your smartphone. I've been using the App to communicate in-game because my cat decided to chew through my Astro headset wires. While I await for my replacement wires to arrive, i've noticed that I'm unable to join certain parties, especially from the "Looking for Group" feature. 

I am unable to send party requests,  or join party requests from others. I have no issues sending a party invite when I'm not the host. I've received a notification when trying to join a party invite from someone stating that I'm "unable to join party."  This sucks because it seems I cant play with anyone who is not on my friends list.

I'm not sure if this a bug or not, but I figured i'd bring it up.

That sounds like it might be an account Security Setting.  You can review those options on your console or Xbox.com and the steps on this page will direct you to them: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox-one-privacy-and-online-safety

Take a look through those, as those are the most likely culprit for what you're experiencing.  I can't tell you what to set your Security settings to, as it should be what you're comfortable with sharing, but it should be evident which ones are preventing you from connecting with people not on your friends list.  There are a number of options, but if you take your time to go through them, you can get it set how you want!

Best of luck!  Let us know if that isn't the issue, or you have further questions about them.

Come join us at Xbox Playdates US every Tuesday and Saturday. https://mixer.com/xboxplaydatesus

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the advice!

I updated my settings per the instructions, and im still receiving the error notification stating "Something went wrong. Try again later. (error code: 100)

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Same error cant find answer. Seems last update made this happen for me again

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there     

I’m sorry to hear about any issues you may be having. If you haven’t already, please go ahead andmake a new thread  detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you!  

Best wishes,
-L ᕦ {≷• ܫ•≶}ᕤ

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 27, 2020 Views 13,085 Applies to: