Xbox 360 Slim turns off when booting games and/or apps! Help!

I've had my xbox 360 slim for a few years now. I had an old 720p capable JVC tv and recently bought a new Toshiba because of black friday. I set up the new tv today and the xbox to it and even played a bit of minecraft on it. But now everytime I start a game or even a movie on netflix it shuts off for no reason. I need help because nothing I'm doing seems to help this issue. The TV is a: Toshiba 40E220U 40-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (Black). I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it was working fine before today and worked with Minecraft for a bit. I have it connected via the in-box AV cables with a pair of X12 turtle beaches connected. The system stays on the dashboard just fine with no issues but as soon as I start up a movie on Netflix or get to the start menu on a game and push start, the xbox shuts down. I've unplugged it and changed outlets to no avail. Please help.

Sorry to hear about your issue.

We hope that we can help you to solve this issue on this Support Forum.

When you Xbox is turned off, can you unplug ALL USB Devices that are connected in your USB Ports.

If you have a wired contoller, please unplug all wired controllers and leave one in it to test it.

If this didn't helped you out, please move on to this thread.

Choose your Xbox Console and follow the steps one by one.

If that also didn't helped you out, can you try to connect your Xbox to your old TV if you still have it.

If the problem does not appear there, then I think your TV is not compatible with your Xbox. I suggest to Contact Toshiba for any tips that they can provide you.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick N.,
Vision Verrify

borntolearn.mslearn.net
microsoft.com/learning

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Like I said, it worked perfectly earlier on a test run with Minecraft but now it just shuts down when I go anywhere but the dashboard. It doesn't make any sense to me. I've had it sitting on the dashboard for almost an hour now but as soon as I start up a game or something it just crashes...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You have to try this test before we can continue with other things.

Select your Console and then continue with following the steps.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick N.,
Vision Verrify

borntolearn.mslearn.net
microsoft.com/learning

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is happening to me right now. I've done the troubleshooting steps twice already. My system is an Elite Jasper model 120gb. I've unplugged all usb devices and cables, turned off the auto-off feature and now going to attempt to access the game without being connected to live. NOTE: I've switched from a 37" Dynex to a 40" Philips, played COD:BO2 Zombies for a while yesterday, again today and even a few demos.. Metal Gear Rising, Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3, to be exact. I've also cleared the cache on all hard drives associated with this system. Going to NOW switch HDMI input and start up a game without being connected to live.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

To any Xbox 360 user experiencing problems similar to these, please refer to the links posted above by "FS x Thunder NL." Once you have finished completeing all the steps in that troubleshooting guide, continue to remove all USB devices that are connected to your console. Once that is done, you may notice that switching your HDMI to the proper channel can help. I previously had my HDMI connected to the port which was labeled "DVD Player" until I switched to a port that had no label. Also, if you feel it is necessary, clear all your cache on each device associated with your console and disconnect from live, then try to start up a game or a demo. This worked for me on the first try.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 19, 2021 Views 101 Applies to: