Windows 10 Xbox App not installing games - Error Code 0x00000001

Good day to you all,

I hope you are all having a much better day than I am having with the Xbox app for Windows 10.

Currently I have just resolve the issue where the app would not allow me to login and also advised that there "Missing Dependencies". This was due to a Windows update to the .NET framework, that for some reason decided it just did not want to install.

So, manually got the update completed and then re-installed the Xbox App from the Windows Store (Not the Xbox Website) and that resolved my issues with the Xbox App.

Now less than 36hrs later and I am struggling to install any games. Everytime I try to install a game I get "Error Code 0x00000001" displayed and the game does not even start downloading.

I have had this issue multiple times in the past and the only way to resolve it previously is to "Reload Windows".... The trouble is I am now getting to the point where this is an unacceptable resolve. As everytime I re-install Windows, Every game I have install from the Xbox App and I DO MEAN EVERY has to re-download and install again. Even though they are all on a separate drive dedicated for Xbox App Games.

When you have games like: Forza 7 (Ultimate) + Add-Ons, Forza Horizon 4 + All Add-Ons, Crackdown 3 (including Wrecking Zone) and games totalling over  220 Gb of game install's I am now very very reluctant to even do this again and basically loose the ability to play any XGP games on my PC for nearly three days whilst they re-download again.

I never had these issues with just the "MS Store" it has only been since the Xbox App and its Companion App have been released. 

Steam, Epic Games, Battle.net and Bethesda do not have any issues what so ever...

What I would really like is a fix for this issue that DOES NOT REQUIRE my Windows 10 to be re-load for the 7th time this year to resolve issues that ONLY happen with the Xbox App for windows 10... 

(P.S. If this come over as a little bit ranty, that might be because everytime I get a windows update the Xbox App breaks!!!!!)

So we are now 10 days on from the Original Post date with no information offered by an MS Rep or Support member as to what the Error Code 0x00000001 actually means!!

Looks like MS have do it again with their "Error Codes", producing code that no-one thought to actually document what they actually mean to be able to reference back to them to resolve actual problems that users experience.

THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM FOR ME!!!!!

I EXPERIENCE THIS ON A REGULAR BASIS!!!!!

Normally after a Windows Update!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I HAVE MANGED TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE... 

It is quite a simple and fast fix that anyone can do, it also will help with reducing the cost of gaming.

I have Cancelled my subscription.

Quite simple in the end really if MS wont offer help or support for a Service they are providing and charging for I am no longer willing to pay them any money! 

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 9, 2021 Views 250 Applies to: