Why is my Saved Games not Syncing Between Xbox Series X and Xbox PC

Hi,

So I have Starfield installed on both my PC and Xbox console.

When I play on of my Xbox however my latest save is not there when I try to play on PC...I get the following message: another device is taking too long to sync its recent save. It gives 2 options: Try to sync again or continue with the previously existing cloud save that's available. Trying to sync again is never succesful and the existing cloud save its at least 2 days old.

Now my xbox is usually on sleep mode during this time.

This obviously means that the Play Anywhere feature does not work or is a complete fabrication unless there is a solution to this.

*Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Hardware and network/Cloud gaming*

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Having the same issue, please if anyone has any answers?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Varish Mirchandani,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, you are playing Starfield and is unable to sync the saves well. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Starfield is part of Play Anywhere and should allow you to save your game from different platform. The inability to sync a previous save of the game usually happens when your internet connection is unstable the game was not connected to Xbox Network for syncing, or your console enabled offline gaming. For this issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. May we know if you have issues playing other play anywhere game title?

2. May we ask if you are having issues keeping the saves of other games?

3. Did you encounter an error message or code?

For troubleshooting we recommend trying the following steps:

1. Make sure that both your Xbox Series X and PC are connected to the internet and that your Xbox Live account is signed in on both devices.

2. Check to see if there are any updates available for Starfield on both your Xbox Series X and PC. If there are updates available, make sure to install them on both devices.

3. EDIT: If none of the above steps work, try signing out of your Xbox Live account on both your Xbox Series X and PC, and then signing back in.

If you continue to experience issues with syncing your saved games, it would be best to report this issue to the game support and with Team Xbox.

• Official support page for Starfield.

• Report to Team Xbox through Xbox app for Windows:

• Launch Xbox app

• Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon

• Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu

• Select “Report a problem

• Click Give new feedback

• Add [Xbox Forum] in “Summarize your feedback” followed by a feedback summary

• Summary should be descriptive and fully detailing the error you are receiving. Links redirecting to this forum post will not be accepted and will cause a delay in your feedback submission.

• Category should automatically be selected.

• In the "add more details" category, you will have the option to "Recreate my problem". Recreating the problem will help us further pinpoint the error you are receiving.

• Once complete, post the title of the bug report along with the submission date in this thread

• Report to Team Xbox through Xbox Console, install Report a Problem app and create a report through that app - Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support.

Sincerely,

Kathy A.

Microsoft Community Moderator

A friendly reminder to always secure your Microsoft account by adding secondary email, mobile #, use authenticator app & generate recovery code - https://account.live.com/proofs/manage/additional

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Kathy,

3. Try manually syncing your saved games by going to the "Manage Game & Add-ons" section of Starfield on both your Xbox Series X and PC. From there, select "Saved Data" and then "Sync Now."

all I can see is delete all and delete, or clear

are you sure this Sync now is available in xbox x??? or is just my xbox x dont have this function

thanks!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Fay Fay,

Thanks for the reply.

Since you have few options about managing your game and add-ons, may we know you are playing on different platform too like Varish Mirchandani?

Can you please provide us more details about your concern?

Your data should syncs online when you sign in to your account. However, for issues like Play Anywhere saves, this depends on the network in use. If your network is fast and have no issues but the play anywhere is an issue, then you are welcome to send a report to Team Xbox for investigation.

We look forward for your reply.

Regards,

Kathy A.

A friendly reminder to always secure your Microsoft account by adding secondary email, mobile #, use authenticator app & generate recovery code - https://account.live.com/proofs/manage/additional

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Kathy

Yeah.. same same issues with Varish.. didn’t notices the saves not sync well until paying Starfield.

Already tried all ur 4 steps above, none of them worked

Does reporting to the Xbox team could solve this immediately? Coz thought I could play the game during my coming up vacation.

Sorry.. is not your fault, but still kinda disappointed.

Thanks again

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Fay Fay,

Thank you for sharing additional details.

The information your providing seems to be related to the game/s save that was not synced well to the cloud. Since this is not on just one game, we believe you can follow our suggestion below. To answer your question about the report on Team Xbox, this is for the issues that requires investigation or unexpected issue or known issues, the resolution sometimes comes after an update or immediately, but this usually depends upon the finding of Team Xbox.

For your concern, it seems like you will be bringing with you the saves that is currently in the cloud in your vacation (if you are planning a gaming day on vacay). If the scenario you are having, is you have console 1 & 2. If console 1 is on level 50 in game and console 2 still on level 10, you must connect your console 1 online to your network to sync your saves. You might need to launch your game and make sure your level 50 is shown and synced. Or you might also need to prevent the console 2 to be online during your sync to ensure that the higher level for the game will retain and overwrite the older one.

Should you experience issues with the sync, please check the details here for your error message: Syncing Xbox game saves to the cloud error messages | Xbox Support.

For learn more about cloud game save, please check: Xbox cloud game saves FAQ | Xbox Support.

Have a great day and stay safe!

Regards,
Kathy A.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi Kathy

Just noticed there is an update for Starfield from PC

And thanks for the links above..although I still need to keep pressing “try again” for the sync quite few times .. with signing off with my Xbox x account.. it finally works now

Wish no need to do such silly move to sign OFF & ON for any cloud sync

Thanks a million for ur all your helps, I appreciate

Wish u all the best

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Fay Fay,

You're welcome!

Thanks for the update and we appreciate your time reporting.

Should you encounter same issue with the sync and tried our suggestions above, we recommend that sending a report to Team Xbox will help notify the team for the affected users of cloud game syncing issue. This way, like what happened for this concern, the team will be aware and investigate right away.

For new concerns, feel free to create new thread: Create a new question or start a discussion.

We appreciate your time and have a great day!

Regards,
Kathy A.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

3. Try manually syncing your saved games by going to the "Manage Game & Add-ons" section of Starfield on both your Xbox Series X and PC. From there, select "Saved Data" and then "Sync Now."

Those are not the menu options for the Windows Xbox app. When you open it you can see settings and files as the only two tabs within the pop-up window. Going to files gives only one option, which is to completely reset the game to fresh install status, which wipes save data. Please review and update. I have this same issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i have same issues. cannot load cloud date from one series x to the other. i do not have option to "Sync Now". i read entire thread and have same issue where it isn't syncing. this is an intermittant problem and i don't remember how i fixed last time.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 3,489 Applies to: