Where is the Xbox Networking section in settings?

Yesterday, I went into Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking to check my NAT type. Today, Xbox Networking section doesn't seem to be there anymore. Where is this setting?

I am unable find a mention of the removal of this setting anywhere within the last few quality updates. I am running Windows 10 Home Version 22H2.

Hello Fadishdog,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that the Network Address Translation type (NAT) type information has been missing after some recent updates with Windows. Let us work as a team to help us get to the bottom of this.

Previously, you are correct, that to check your NAT type in Windows 10 PC, you can go to PC Settings > Gaming > Xbox Network and check the NAT Type. If this has been messed up due to some updates, we can submit feedback through using Feedback hub app in Windows. See: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support. Follow the steps provided under Report a problem online> Report on Windows.

Additionally, we encourage to send us a screenshot on what you see when you do these steps: PC Settings > Gaming > Xbox Network. And please provide us the version of your Xbox app. To do so, follow the steps below:

1. Launch the Xbox app on your PC.

2. Select your profile picture and go to Settings.

3. Go to About to view your version number.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Tomm_A

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Tomm_A for your reply. My Xbox app version number is: 2309.1001.3.0 / 16.83.11001.0 (Gaming Services) / 6.123.10181.0 (Xbox Game Bar)

However I should mention I have never used the Xbox app while checking my NAT type or any other related settings such as Xbox Live Status, Packet Loss, etc..

I have attached a screen snip of Settings > Gaming. Where I have outlined in red pen is where the Xbox Networking section used to appear.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Fadishdog,

Thank you for providing the additional details.

Try to launch Xbox app. You can type Xbox app from the search bar beside the start button. Then make sure you are sign in with your Microsoft account. Select your profile picture and go to Settings. Let me know if you can find your NAT type.

Additionally, we are going to replicate this issue together with our internal support team to see if this feature has change.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Tomm_A

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

same problem. the setting just dissapeared.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Fadishdog,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

We have replicated the issue in our end and found out that we have got the same result. Xbox Console Companion app for Windows 11 and 10 will be discontinued and users will transfer to the Xbox app for Windows 10 users. The Xbox app is the newer version that replaces the Universal Windows Platform app originally designed for Windows 10. The more recent experience removes some legacy features (such as access to Xbox Game DVR cloud clips on your device) and provides access to the PC Game Pass and Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Most games will report to you your network status. You can also use the network tools in Windows. Xbox network for PC cannot be seen on Xbox console companion because this app will retire and discontinued already. Users of Windows 10 will be asked to download the new Xbox app for Windows.

We thank you for bringing this concern here and glad to provide the information to address your concern.

Sincerely,

Tomm_A

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Tomm_A, I appreciate your reply.

However I'd like to reiterate that I was initially finding this setting through Windows 10 Settings by going Start > Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking. I have never used the Xbox Console Companion app or any other UWP app for the purposes of finding my NAT type, or any other additional information such as Network latency, Packet Loss, Xbox Live status, etc. All other settings I have used since this update are intact and in their original spot.

I have launched the Xbox app and am unable to find where Xbox Networking settings may be. This includes NAT type visibilty.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Fadishdog,

Thank you for coming back with the thread and truly apologize for some delay in my end.

Yes, I agree with you that "Xbox Networking" can be found also with the steps provided and it seems that this has changed as well. With the launch of Xbox app for Windows 10, we do not have the information where to find those details and it is possible that it is by design.

We encourage to submit feedback using the Feedback hub app in your device. This will allow our developers to check back these missing features or suggest including that information within the application. See: Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app - Microsoft Support

Thanks again for choosing Microsoft. Stay safe!

Sincerely,

Tomm_A

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you.

For now I have just reverted the to an old version by deleting the latest Windows Security Update, as that allows me access to this setting again.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's disgusting. You're doing a terrible thing, I hope your Windows 11 continues to piss people off and make people switch to Linux

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

i'm having the same iussue (can' check NAT type Xbox), and after recent windows update (Nov-Dec 2023) Xbox Party Chat not work anymore and in Xbox games not work the Multiplayer feature !

What is going on ? My NAT is open for every other single game but for Microsoft-Xbox Live NO ?

Please let me know if there is something to configure, because also with Teredo set right, anything work !!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 3,506 Applies to: