When I try to purchase as games I get an "oops something went wrong" message.

My dudes and dudets, when i try to purchase some games like borderlands 3, and some others i get an "oops something went wrong" message with a different code every time. And no support from the autobots ☹️. Does anyone know what can be done or which MS service has to be accessed to fix it?

aaaaah, same Lego the force awakens had 70% off and I’m tryna purchase it for like about 4 hours

it says oops we’re not sure what happened there or smth

why do u do this ms

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa only 10 hrs left oof 

70 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello there @Zan117, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you. 

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best! 

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

156 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I chatted support (billing) and they were able to resolve the problem. 

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem is not solved, I still can't purchase remnant deluxe edition, or even the street fighter collection. I'm still getting the oops error, and the code following changes every time I get the error... Has my Xbox been hacked or something? I want to be able to buy halo infinity when it comes out, will my issue be fixed by then, or do I just forget about Xbox...

29 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Although the problem is not network related, I still did all of this, and still no resolution. Here is something interesting, I can purchase in-game in halo wars, but I can't purchase in the Microsoft store.

27 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I cannot purchase in Microsoft store, but I can in-game for halo wars 2. That is the only thing I can do, really interesting how this occurs.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Still no resolution, what's the point in having something you can't use? Will my voice be added to the statistics of those that have permanent issues with MS Xbox? Do I have to make a YouTube post to get my problem resolved?

34 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem is not solved, I still can't purchase remnant deluxe edition, or even the street fighter collection. I'm still getting the oops error, and the code following changes every time I get the error... Has my Xbox been hacked or something? I want to be able to buy halo infinity when it comes out, will my issue be fixed by then, or do I just forget about Xbox...

Go have a chat session with support and specifically billing https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Explain the situation and they will check and fix. To be fair mine took 2 trials as the first representative didn’t solve it for me. But the second one did. 

As for Halo, It’s a first party game so it will launch day and date on Game Pass. You don’t need to buy it. 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey bruh did you manage to solve the issue?

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, I just stop playing Xbox, playing pc, cuz it's months and I can't get to play what I want, I have more luck buying physical games on Amazon that with the Microsoft store, apparently my money is not good enough for Microsoft store.

123 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 92,114 Applies to: