When are Microsoft delete old gamertags ???

I have been looking to change my gamertag to 'Flux' for about 2 years on Xbox now and the gamertag is currently in use with an account that has not played any games and still has the original Xbox gamer picture. I was wondering if there was anyway that the account could be deleted as it is inactive and I could change my gamertag to 'Flux'

Inactive gamertags were deleted last year, but of course only a select few were deleted. To my knowledge, none have been deleted this year and we can only assume they are not going to delete inactive/unused accounts. Just hope for the best.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

forums.xbox.com/.../153151.aspx

I can't change my Gamertag (GT).
Most of the time if you are seeing a message saying the GT you want is unavailable, it’s true. One thing to remember is that spaces and capitalization don’t make your GT unique. For example, “Major Nelson”, “MajorNelson”, and “MaJoRnElSoN” are all the same GT.

GTs are also tied to services like Zune or Games for Windows LIVE. If a GT doesn't exist on Xbox, it might be in use on one of those services. If you try sending the GT you want a friend request and it says it’s not a valid GT that just means it isn’t used on Xbox LIVE, but it could be used for Zune or GFWL.

I heard old GTs are being re-added. When will "This GT" be available?
There is no schedule or estimated dates for when certain GTs will become available again. GTs are not an on-demand service. They will be available when they are available.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You will need to wait until it's eventually deleted. There is no public schedule on when or which tags will be deleted, so you will need to keep a look out.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There's no telling when Microsoft will delete certain accounts, you'll just have to wait until they do

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It sucks. There are so many gamertags that no ones using and they are all just laying around without anyone using them.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, Cube. If you have feedback about this process I would recommend making a post in this forum: 03 - Xbox LIVE Account/Profile Feedback. This is a monitored forum and your suggestions and feedback will reach the optimum audience there. Thanks very much!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Mister Darcy could not agree more me and my friend are both looking for a gt the guy has no stars the original xbox gamerpic and no friends.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 4, 2023 Views 74 Applies to: