We need STAR WARS Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast NAOW!!!!!

Sorry for the humorous clickbait title, but it is the only way to immediately gain attention.

Anyway, I have wanted to play STAR WARS Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast on my Xbox One for a while. I believe that I submitted my wish for it to be available for Microsoft's console, and I have yet to wait and see whether it ever will.

Then, it came about that I read an online article from a credible source that Microsoft was planning to release Xbox titles, including the original STAR WARS Battlefront games and STAR WARS Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. That was a huge victory for us gamers who truly needed such classics, but when I also found no mention of Jedi Outcast within that article, I was crushed with defeat, considering that Jedi Outcast (along with Dark Forces II for the PC) is my favorite lightsaber-combat game. I was inclined to requesting it again, but not enough to actually post it in the forums.

When the titles were released, surely enough, I also found no Jedi Outcast, and that was when I felt the need to take this issue to Microsoft and the community in the forums in the form of a post. I have played all the Jedi Knight games, and I prefer Jedi Outcast over Jedi Academy (sorry folks for not being in your mainstream group) The reason is that, while I liked all the games, I found the latter to not be innovative enough gameplay-wise and somewhat slow-paced, especially if it is considered that the Force gauge drains too fast and recharges too slowly, as well as using the same engine with similar (though still good) graphics that by the standards of 2003 (the release date of Jedi Academy) was starting to become dated. And yes, this is coming from the mouth of a person who likes to analyze and review what he tries as a hobby, like the professional and well-respected critics.

Anyone else agree that we should bring back the critically acclaimed title featuring the best of Kyle Katarn and perhaps the best lightsaber-combat game ever? I (and I am sure many others) would love to purchase it for my Xbox One, and it certainly does not at all matter whether this means that I would have to pay again to get something same just for something different. In fact, I would pay again, but not waste my money of course, to get this.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

UPDATE: As it turns out, I made no such post requesting Jedi Outcast for the Xbox One beforehand. Now, I cannot update my post to correct it. I guess I was thinking of Half-Life when writing this and that this is my first request for the game. My bad.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Having read other discussions, including my own Half-Life one, I realize that I have taken this issue to the wrong place. My bad. I wish I could delete this post, since I am now going to upvote both the two games. Since I cannot delete the first post, please kindly disregard or delete it if possible.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 3, 2021 Views 315 Applies to: