"We cant' find a microphone for these people" - Not sure what is going on, please assist.

Hello,

A few days back a headset that I had stopped working, when in a party it would say "We cant' find a microphone for these people". With this headset being quite old and banged up I thought I would just run to the store and purchase a new one. I purchased a new headset and had the same issue, confused I thought what the hell I will just go buy another and see what is up. The next one did not work either. Then, I thought maybe it was the 3.5mm jack in the controller so I purchased another controller which also did not fix the problem.  . So, a recap - This is 3 headsets and 2 controllers all showing the same message. .

Other things I tried:

Restart/unplug Xbox (many, many, many times)

See if there is a firmware update for controller - there was not, updated regardless

Restart/unplug router/modem

Turn off UPnP settings in router (Xbox recommended this over the phone)

Anyone else have any ideas on what to try or what this could be?

Thanks,
Dave

onlydavis85

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Have you tried a factory reset of the console? Choose the option to keep your games and apps and it's relatively quick and painless.

The only other thing I can think to try is logging in with a different gamertag to see if it's some kind of weird account-based issue.

Oh, and if you have a friend with an Xbox One, try using your headsets/controllers with their console to see what happens.

If the controllers/headsets work on a different Xbox One and you try the other things I mention above, then there's nothing else I think to try from a software/settings POV. If it still doesn't work, my guess would be some kind of hardware issue with the console itself.

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having issues with your Microphone not being detected. This could be NAT type related take a look at this helpful support article: "I can't hear my friends online, or I can't join or host a multiplayer game with my Xbox One". Try some of the steps listed in there and let us know with a  reply how it goes!

Hello,

I just did a factory reset and the issue is still present.

I do not have another account to try or a friend nearby to try my equipment on.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks,

Dave

onlydavis85

Hello George,

I tested my NAT Type and it came back as OPEN.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks,

Dave

onlydavis85

Hey there onlydavis!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to get your headsets not being recognized by the console/controllers. I would say as far as general troubleshooting goes, that another good thing for you to do would be a soft reset of the console. It's a reset back to factory defaults without you having to uninstall any of your games. Before you try this though, make sure you have easy access to your network and that you know the sign in information for any important profiles on there (as they will be removed and you'll have to redownload them). Follow the steps outlined in How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One to proceed with that step.

By the way, what kind of headsets are you trying out? Are they Microsoft brand?

I only ask because Microsoft and Xbox have deemed this kind of thing a known issue that they are in the process of working on internally at the moment. They have isolated this being a problem usually occurring when working with third party headsets. 

There is a workaround that has been working for some. I would say that you try maybe purchasing a headset adapter to try and get around this problem, otherwise you might have to wait for Microsoft and Xbox to fix this problem in a future update.

Hope this info was helpful.

Thanks for the read!

(V) (°,,,,°) (V)

Esteban,

I already performed a reset and it did not correct the issue.

One of the headsets is an XBOX brand, the other two are Turtle Beaches.

I ordered a headset adapter to try out, I am hoping that fixes the problem, speaking with a gal from XBOX support it sounds like this issue is not unique and they are working on it. . I wish they would post a little more info about it though. . .

Thank you for your suggestions

Thanks,

Dave

onlydavis85

These issues have been popping up quite often here lately. Wish we could get a mega thread over the topic and solutions

Crumb,

So far I have not found any information on how to fix this, or examples of people with the same issue as me (many similar).

Speaking with XBOX directly did not even produce a solution to fix this. . I am frustrated because I have no answers and because this is a relatively new XBOX (few months only). .

Thanks,

Dave

onlydavis85

I believe when i had this issue, which was quite a long time ago, I tried updating my controller which fixed the issure https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter here is a guide on how to do this 

Chilly,

One of the first things that I tried was updating my controller (and the second that I purchased), neither updates fixed the problem.

Thanks,

Dave

onlydavis85

Discussion Info

Last updated June 26, 2020 Views 299 Applies to: