VR HEADSET PLEASE PLEASE READ

To:Microsoft/Xbox

From Evan Herlein

Look i have been a xbox player and supporter since i was born. But i have read articles and phil spencer seed about vr headset that "I have some issues with VR," Spencer told the site. "It’s isolating and I think of games as a communal, kind of together experience. We’re responding to what our customers are asking for and... nobody’s asking for VR". I get not many people want vr but i do and i bet plente other people do. Sony already has a vr headset for playstation 4 and there's the oculus and plenty more.

I was really thinking about giving up on this xbox vr headset and just getting the oculus quest but i'm not going to give up. See i just really want a xbox one vr headset my friend has a xbox one x and he has a oculus quest and he wants me to get one i just keep saying no i just really want them to come out with a xbox vr headset. i have a xbox one s all digital and i think that a vr headset will go great with that because it's all digital and were in the future so we need something new. and there are apps to get on a vr headset to were you can talk to people and friends. That's going back to where phil spencer talked about vr headset being isolating.

And you can always take turns because im trying to get everyone in to vr and if you did come out with a xbox vr headset i would definitely get me one and i know all my friends with xbox ones would get one two. i would just really like to have one it would be so cool it's like a escape from the real world for a little bit you know. I just think it would be really cool to see all the stuff that they would do with it and see what it would look like and all the games that you can play. im probably wasting my time by writing this but if this is read please take this to like some person that is in that area of expertise it would be great if this could go to phil spencer himself. but if i can get a response back that would be more than appreciated thank you.           

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

VR headsets take quite a bit of resources to push a good experience in them and they still have a weight issue.  There are limits for how long you can sustain wearing them.  Until the resources move to a point where it balances out and they can bring the weight down VR will likely be a limited use product for gaming.
Hope This Helped.

DrifterX22

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

I understand you really want Microsoft to introduce a VR headset but they have already looked into it and decided they are not ready to release their own into the market. They may consider it in the future, possibly with Project Scarlett, but it will not be for a while yet. Microsoft want to make sure they create a good product that isn't just a copy of all the other ones already out there.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I don't know anyone personally that wants VR headsets and to be honest I don't see a lot of people asking for it, but I didn't saw Phil saying that the next Xbox will not support VR headsets but they will not put much effort on this matter. Maybe they can add the support for third party VR headsets like Oculus or the Valve VR. In my opinion they have to put they time and money in more games and other features rather than making a VR headset.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

At the end of the day, Microsoft/Xbox is still a business, and money talks. If VR hardware and software sales fully take off and it starts becoming more mainstream, then perhaps Xbox will jump on board the VR train as well. At the moment, I'd assume it doesn't make sense financially. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is my thoughts on the matter too. For all we know it could be like 3d TV's, they didnt really take off.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

VR is a great idea in principle but as someone who has a disability  it is very hard to use it is very isolating and being Immersed into a environment that completely surrounds you it is very confusing I understand that some people relish the opportunity to experience this but I  don't think that VR will have a long shelf life 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately Phil Spencer has said that they will not be working on VR anytime soon because according to him the demand is not there yet. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

VR isnt that hot as a product right now. According to leaks xbox been interested in it for scarlett however

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

VR headsets take quite a bit of resources to push a good experience in them and they still have a weight issue.  There are limits for how long you can sustain wearing them.  Until the resources move to a point where it balances out and they can bring the weight down VR will likely be a limited use product for gaming.

Totally agree. It would nice to have Deep Blue in the basement providing the "grunt" for the Star Trek Holodeck upstairs, along with the energy to run it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I really don't know any xbox players who want this VR feature to come to xbox, if it were to invest in something like that, I'd rather have it invested in kinect again.
Rubens Junior XMG

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 184 Applies to: