Videos and Pictures Of My Minecraft World

I figured I might as well create a thread with respect to my Minecraft world to date, to the extent anyone may find it interesting.  It's taken a lot of mining for the resources to do this.  I originally did normal mines like most people, however I ultimately decided to multipurpose my mining, so I built numerous mine cart tracks near bedrock level that span the map.  That way, the mine shaft serves some purpose when it's all done.  For the glass and sandstone, I largely mined out the beaches (including a fair amount of sand under water through the construction of massive glass levee systems).  I covered up the ugly cofferdams with plazas, water features, etc.  I also tried to find substitute resources where possible.  For instance, instead of white wool, I more often used snow blocks, which are quicker to obtain.  Finally, I created structures to assist in gathering resources.  For instance, I have a huge cactus farm that reaches to the height limit of the game with a pool and underground tunnels below that deliver the cacti directly to my base for processing into green dye, and ultimately green wool.

I'll start with a few of the videos I've made so far:

[view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prb4Wi_U5jg]

[view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlbRY17uJZk]

[view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNFymHNK8Uk]

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The following are images of one part of my world--an under ice and/or under water base I call Ice Station Zebra.

In the center of the image is the entrance to Ice Station Zebra.  This is the spawn point in my world.  To the right is a pyramid (my third pyramid) build entirely out of ice.

Another view of the ice pyramid.

A fork in the road at Ice Station Zebra.

My farms at Ice Station Zebra.  The large plains of grass that exist under the ice in Ice Station Zebra spawn sheep, etc., for handy resources.

Another view of my under-ice farms at Ice Station Zebra.

This is the tower at Ice Station Zebra, one of the few parts of the base that is not entirely under ice and/or water.

This is a view of part of Ice Station Zebra from the tower.

Another view of part of Ice Station Zebra from the tower.

This is my nether done, which is part of Ice Station Zebra, my underwater and under ice base.

This is the airlock at Ice Station Zebra.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

The following images all relate to my Giant Glass Pyramid...

This is my Pyramid Plaza.  The pools surrounding the fountain are illuminated by torches below glass.

North entrance to the Giant Glass Pyramid.

The Leap of Faith from above.  This is the central focus of my Giant Glass Pyramid and the primary access point to my treasure vault.

The Leap of Faith from below.  As you can see, there is lava supported by signs, below which is water supported by signs.  The lava is the illusion that you see from above, whereas the water extinguishes the burning that would occur by jumping through lava and also breaks your fall.

The vault/slime farm beneath my Giant Glass Pyramid.  There are 171 chests.  Because I do not dup glitch, many are empty.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The following images are of my North Base, which is mostly underwater (a different part of the map from Ice Station Zebra, but linked to it through enormous underwater tunnels):

This is the entrance to my north base.  The nether portal is actually just a door, although it does function as a true Nether Portal of course.  This tends to conceal the true location of my north base, as people think its just a nether portal.

This is a view of the entrance to my north base, which consists of a sandstone shell with huge waterfalls inside and a nether portal in the center.

This is part of my north base, which is entirely underwater.

This is a glass tower directly above my underwater north base.  Also in the foreground of the image is my north base plaza, which is below sea level.

This is a partial view of the North Base Plaza, which as you can see is below sea level--the sea is being held back by glass levees.  The plaza was the result of my sand mining.  This was a huge beach area.  When you mine sand and sandstone completely, you are left with an ugly cofferdam.  The plaza covers that up.   Also in the picture is my spruce tree farm in the sky.

This is another partial view of the North Base Plaza.

This is my subway station in my north base.  As you can see, many of my subway tracks run at new bedrock levels.  This is so that I can mine diamonds while serving a dual purpose of creating a minecart transit system.  The minecart tracks in my world span almost every corner of the map, which I can get to from my north base in a matter of minutes.

To the left is my North Base tower (the main access point to my underwater North Base.  To the right is a mansion.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The following are images of the area between my North Base and the Giant Glass Pyramid.

This is my cactus farm.  This method of cactus farm saves space, as it is vertical instead of horizontal.  The cacti fall into water streams which them send the cactus to my underwater north base.

This is another house adjacent to my north base.  The water feature to the right was an experiment I used to cover up the cofferdam that resulted from my extensive sand mining.

This is my main minecart station for my massive tour train (travel time 9.5 minutes).  It uses a pez dispenser mechanic to summon the cart.  This is at the start of my YouTube video on the tour train.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The rest of my map...

This is my museum of glass and sand.  The pyramid as alternating layers of lava and water.

View from above of the museum of glass and sand and the plaza behind it that is protected by huge glass levees.

This is a view from the top of the museum of glass and sand.  In the picture you can see my glass sphere to the left, assorted minecart tracks and and pedestrian paths and my tower house to the right.

View of the plaza next to my Museum of Glass and Sand pyramid.  You can also see part of the underwater tunnel system in the background.

Inside the Museum of Glass and Sand.

The boat elevator from my underwater tunnels to my spruce tree farm high in the sky.

To the right you can see the giant trees.  To the left is a very small part of the massive underwater tunnels throughout the map.

My MOB trap.  It may not be pretty, but it serves its purpose.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So that's it for now.  The pictures above all got squashed in the forum posting process, but if you would like to view these images in their native format, they can all be found at: www.flickr.com/.../wildattorney

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Awesome stuff! I love the ice pyramid. Great work :) you can sleep now! Haha.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would love a sphere in my world but don't totally know for sure how to make one, I'd have to follow a YT tutorial or something

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Marwood--I downloaded this --> http://minecraftstructureplanner.com/

I think it is a marvelous program and very useful in creating spheres (among many other things).  And because it is a java program, it works on PC and Mac alike!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

brilliant cheers wild!!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated March 5, 2024 Views 131 Applies to: